Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fu@*^#%!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the car back from Q Care Care in Burlington MA last night - they did an outstanding job. If you look really closely you can see a slight ridge at the seam -- but I'm very happy not to have to replace the entire panel.Total for the repair was $500.
These guys do great work (the had done a clear front and ceramic at a previous visit as well) highly recommended.

View attachment 489563 View attachment 489564
Congrats, it's a Christmas Miracle!!:D

Not too long ago, I took my daughter and a friend to a McDonalds for lunch. As we were leaving, there was an older Jeep Cherokee parked next to me (close). As I approached my car, the rear passenger in the jeep looked out his window, waited until I got within a few feet of my car and then swung his door open hitting my front fender (scraping the bottom of his door against my fender). Now, you might say it was an accident except for the fact that he had a smile on his face and his eyes were locked on me the entire time. When I asked him why he did that, he pulled his door back and did it again (hitting my car a second time) then got out and walked right past me without a word. Now I have a ding and thankfully a relatively small scratch on my driver's side front fender thanks to that a-hole.

I was more stunned than anything else in the moment but I wasn't about to start a scene/altercation with my 8-year old in tow so I made sure to take pics of his car and left.

Not too long ago, I took my daughter and a friend to a McDonalds for lunch. As we were leaving, there was an older Jeep Cherokee parked next to me (close). As I approached my car, the rear passenger in the jeep looked out his window, waited until I got within a few feet of my car and then swung his door open hitting my front fender (scraping the bottom of his door against my fender). Now, you might say it was an accident except for the fact that he had a smile on his face and his eyes were locked on me the entire time. When I asked him why he did that, he pulled his door back and did it again (hitting my car a second time) then got out and walked right past me without a word. Now I have a ding and thankfully a relatively small scratch on my driver's side front fender thanks to that a-hole.

I was more stunned than anything else in the moment but I wasn't about to start a scene/altercation with my 8-year old in tow so I made sure to take pics of his car and left.

Why did you not call the police? Did you have Sentry on?

I would have called the police immediately and filed a report and had police retrieve the idiot's insurance for me. I bet he will not be laughing when his insurance premium goes up.

I bet a quote from a Tesla Certified high end shop could easily make that damage into felony vandalism if they did it a second time on purpose and you have the Sentry footage.

Also this would be such an easy case for your insurance to handle with just the offending person's tag information and Sentry video.