Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full interior swap - Seats, door cards, dashboard, center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a good deal on a blue MX100D 2017 with FSD, 6 seats non PUP with black fabric seats.
Interior is in terrible shape - hence, the good(?) deal - and I have over the last months bought second hand, and new from Tesla, parts to do a full interior upgrade.

Car will end up with white interior including seats, door cards, dashboard trims and white center console arm rest.
Also retrofitting the "Graphite" interior trim parts, Light Harmonics speaker upgrade, yoke steering wheel and possibly an OEM subwoofer retrofit.

I will document the full process in this thread, and ask questions where they come up.

At the moment all parts are sourced, one of the practically Unobtanium white middle row seats that I could only find with deployed airbag just got back from a restorer with a new airbag mounted and the stitching fixed - and looks great!

The third row seats have been swapped already - only 8 bolts and a couple of connectors, biggest issue was realising that the bolts are Torx-Plus, not normal Torx.

I will update with questions and a build log below.

One of the second row seats had a deployed airbag.
The airbag has been replaced with a new one but I have a question;
Do I need to replace the seat control module to a non-crashed one, or is this a non-issue?

I.e. will I get airbag warnings in the car after installing a repaired, previously crashed, seat?
And what can I do about it?

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2024-06-17 kl. 21.26.41.png
    Skärmavbild 2024-06-17 kl. 21.26.41.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 2