Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full PPF - LLumar Valor (Suntek Reaction) feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my car from a full PPF job this morning (basically every single panel, full bumpers, lights and door handles "everything except black window trims and windows"). I also did full Llumar IRX window tint (25-30%). Still debating the roof but it seems to have built in heat rejection.

I got Llumar Valor (built-in ceramic layer), which is the equivalent or same film (Suntek Reaction ), both made by EASTMAN. same film just different labeling.

Car turned out realllllly nice.... Although they use pre-cut pieces using the cut software/machine, Llumar pre-cut is programmed really well and allowed the installers to have extra layer on the edges to wrap majority of edges. There are only a few panels with one edge that is not wrapped or tucked in, and those were carefully chosen by the programmers from what I noticed (i.e.: not those exposed to front/direct impact)

The ceramic property is great, it beads water really really well. I also tested the self healing, scratched a few places, and it self-heals under the sun at 75degF weather. They claim it self-heat at room temperature in 10 min too in the garage, but I am yet to test that enough.

One disadvantage is that I never realized that PPF can be soft also just like car paint, and may get scratches as you wipe the car, but good thing it self-heals in 10-15 min away.

Last edited:
Just got my car from a full PPF job this morning (basically every single panel, full bumpers, lights and door handles "everything except black window trims and windows"). I also did full Llumar IRX window tint (25-30%). Still debating the roof but it seems to have built in heat rejection.

I got Lumar Valor (built-in ceramic layer), which is the equivalent or same film (Suntek Reaction ), both made by EASTMAN.

Car turned out realllllly nice.... Although they use pre-cut machine, Llumar pre-cut is programmed really well and allowed the installers to have extra layer on the edges to wrap majority of edges. There are only a few panels with one edge that is not wrapped.

The ceramic property is great, it beads water really really well. I also tested the self healing, scratched a few places, and it self-heals under the sun at 75degF weather. They claim it self-heat at room temperature in 10 min too on the garage, but I am yet to test that enough.

One disadvantage is that I never realized that PPF is softer than car paint, and easier to get scratches as you wipe the car, but good thing it self-heals in 10-15 min away.
I put STEK on my Model Y and 3M on my Model 3. Neither one is softer than the paint. The one advantage to having PPF is not worrying about scratching your paint. I can scrub the bugs off the front bumper and not worry about scratches.
If your PPF is scratching that easy I’d put that on the brand, not PPF in general.

I put STEK on my Model Y and 3M on my Model 3. Neither one is softer than the paint. The one advantage to having PPF is not worrying about scratching your paint. I can scrub the bugs off the front bumper and not worry about scratches.
If your PPF is scratching that easy I’d put that on the brand, not PPF in general.
That later comment was related to PPF in general as I had test samples from most brands already as I was shopping. Maybe it is not fair to say it is softer than paint, but yes, software than my Mercedes-Benz paint which was impossible to scratch via any towel. Is it softer than Tesla Paint? maybe not. The paint on my S-class gave my detailed had time even polishing it off... he was barely able to get scotches polished and said I need to sand it off for a glass finish. So, things are kinda relative as far as paint softness. I never ever got the chance anyway to try to scratch my Tesla paint cause it is brand new and I intentionally never washed it.

I got Llumar Valor (built-in ceramic layer), which is the equivalent or same film (Suntek Reaction ), both made by EASTMAN. same film just different labeling.

Car turned out realllllly nice.... Although they use pre-cut pieces using the cut software/machine, Llumar pre-cut is programmed really well and allowed the installers to have extra layer on the edges to wrap majority of edges. There are only a few panels with one edge that is not wrapped or tucked in, and those were carefully chosen by the programmers from what I noticed (i.e.: not those exposed to front/direct impact)

The ceramic property is great, it beads water really really well. I also tested the self healing, scratched a few places, and it self-heals under the sun at 75degF weather. They claim it self-heat at room temperature in 10 min too in the garage, but I am yet to test that enough.

One disadvantage is that I never realized that PPF can be soft also just like car paint, and may get scratches as you wipe the car, but good thing it self-heals in 10-15 min away.
Just sayin

2FDBFD7E-1A13-4998-8C15-534EADFDDED0.png

ah ok. Just curious as you had said they used precut.
Not really…. Llumar has a really good software. The PPF is pre-cut and have an opening around the spoiler. Llumar has one of the best calibrated cutting dimensions for the car, leaving a lot of edges and also a lot of installer guidance for where each piece needs to go (they leave for them so cut induced marks). It helps a lot and ensured a good final results. Am happy about all my edges.

Not really…. Llumar has a really good software. The PPF is pre-cut and have an opening around the spoiler. Llumar has one of the best calibrated cutting dimensions for the car, leaving a lot of edges and also a lot of installer guidance for where each piece needs to go (they leave for them so cut induced marks). It helps a lot and ensured a good final results. Am happy about all my edges.
so they never took your spoiler off? the spoiler is one of the components where it won't be exact in the same spot for everyone. i believe its hand installed at the factory. but if Llumar's cutting program is good so that one piece PPF can be done on the rear deck without removing the spoiler, thats sick.

I’m not a professional PPF installer, but from what I’ve read they should have removed the spoiler and then put it back over the PPF. Same with the emblems. Seems like what they did what be similar to painting around an object instead of removing it. Ok for a DIY job, but you’d expect more from a professional.