Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self Buying Vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excuse me while I gloat, but damn I'm about to pay for my car!
Market Summary > Tesla Inc
NASDAQ: TSLA
Following
392.92 USD +13.93 (3.68%)
Dec 18, 3:58 PM EST

I bought "Joule" my Model 3 car about a year ago - delivered the day after Thanksgiving 2018. Of course like most of the rest of you I loved it immediately.

After getting smoked with the 2008 financial crisis meltdown I had sworn off individual stock investments.....BUT after 5-6 month of watching TSLA get hammered while I was falling in love with the car I couldn't believe the drop in share value as the company was FINALLY beginning to meet production goals.

So on 6/5/19 I took 100 shares @ $193.05 by 6/25 I was watching the price rise and secured another 150 shares @ 220.03.

So at that point I'd invested $52,309 about as much as I'd paid for the car.

At this point @ $393/share today I've damn near paid for the entire car with the gain in my 401k account....so of course I'm now a raging fanboy. I bought the Full Self Driving (FSD) upgrade in August when it was last discounted and now reserved the CyberTruck two weeks ago....my only wish is that other owners and potential owners could be as lucky with the timing as I have been.

Can't wait to see what's next for Elon!!! Damn I love that car!!!

Mod: corrected typo 4 -> 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my plan with my TSLA stocks, though I'm preemptive than reactive. I can't afford to purchase the Model S flat out, or qualify for a loan that large.

I loaded up my tiny hoard during the falling knife stage, and in a less than a year I'll very likely get my car using them. So fly, fly up and up you lovely stocks! The better you go the better options I'll be able to get, haha.

That's my plan with my TSLA stocks, though I'm preemptive than reactive. I can't afford to purchase the Model S flat out, or qualify for a loan that large.

I loaded up my tiny hoard during the falling knife stage, and in a less than a year I'll very likely get my car using them. So fly, fly up and up you lovely stocks! The better you go the better options I'll be able to get, haha.

Damn $406.40, about to hit the double....then today I get an email to drop another $2,000 in the car to get to a 3.9 second 0-60 (from about 4.4 seconds)......tempting as hell

uKJPywviuc6ZV20Ip0_Q3obeVnCYRnvrfOdLPGMnqqJyW7LOxJZwdyarRQGZi0rV-AoXqkQ0LBJOhrkYdRNg9DcdM7JXMLZBmKFoYWKAMIei_khARFpq40pRyTVD2oQvv6zwnwzLJ2KPOf4HwyoJA7Wxp248orstLg=s0-d-e1-ft

The Acceleration Boost is now available for Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive owners.
Boost your acceleration from Standard to Sport and improve your 0-60 mph time from 4.4 seconds to 3.9 seconds.
You will receive the update once your car is parked — connect to Wi-Fi to update sooner. Note, you will need to have software version 2019.40.2 installed for the upgrade to complete.
Log into your Tesla Account and select Upgrades to purchase. You can now also purchase upgrades from the Tesla app — download version 3.10.3 to access the Upgrades menu.
PURCHASE