Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funny/worst timing bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't meant to be a bash Tesla tech thread, but a funny instance just happened for the second time. Set the scene: I'm on a date, it's going well. We decide to take a ride. "Let's take my car. Yep, it's a Tesla, you like them. Yeah, best car I ever owned. Quiet as a mouse. Fast as a Ferrari. No big deal... " (Okay, not quite that d-baggy, but you get the point) ...and what happens... Sentry mode activates, and then freezes the entire car. Neither of us can get in. Fob doesn't work. Card doesn't work. Phone key doesn't work. I thought I'd have to call customer service. Thankfully I was able to open the app and unlock the car that way. ...but it still didn't recognize anything except the card. Embarrassing! That's happened one other time with my M3LR and that time I was on a date also!

Any other funny or inopportune glitches to report?

This isn't meant to be a bash Tesla tech thread, but a funny instance just happened for the second time. Set the scene: I'm on a date, it's going well. We decide to take a ride. "Let's take my car. Yep, it's a Tesla, you like them. Yeah, best car I ever owned. Quiet as a mouse. Fast as a Ferrari. No big deal... " (Okay, not quite that d-baggy, but you get the point) ...and what happens... Sentry mode activates, and then freezes the entire car. Neither of us can get in. Fob doesn't work. Card doesn't work. Phone key doesn't work. I thought I'd have to call customer service. Thankfully I was able to open the app and unlock the car that way. ...but it still didn't recognize anything except the card. Embarrassing! That's happened one other time with my M3LR and that time I was on a date also!

Any other funny or inopportune glitches to report?
Apparently, the car's AI was not impressed with your date.

Lynnwood SC told me bug reports don’t leave the car, but if they’re looking for a problem it helps as a time stamp. I don’t bother.