Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S PLUS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery of my M3P within the next month. In NYC and it will 100% be my daily driver.

I'm well versed in the benefits of summer tires and the ups/downs of all-seasons; I've had multiple sports cars/sedans and been thru both a/s and summer tire options (Audi S4, WRX, F150-Lightining, C5 Corvette, Trailblazer SS, and CTS-V), so I am not looking for the hate that comes at all-seasons tires, but accepting the reality that in NYC, on a daily driver, going all-seasons will be my choice once the temps start dropping come November.

Looking for opinions on the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S specifically. I had both the Conti DSW06 and the Mich PSA/S3+ on my CTS-V and both were pretty darn good for all-seasons; couldn't tell too much of a difference between them. Yes, they weren't as good as my PS4 summers, but they hooked well on a 600hp RWD car and handled more than acceptably in the most spirited driving one can do in NYC/Long Island/Westchester area without having their license revoked.

Had all but confined myself to going back to the Michelin PSA/S3+, but came across the tirerack ratings of the BFG G-Forces and was surprised to see it beating them across the board in all categories. Yes, this is subjective, but they are valid purchaser's input so it does have some weight to it.

Anyone had these on their M3P or M3LR? Any direct comparisons to the Michelin or Continentals?

Thanks in advance guys

Congrats and welcome. I have no direct comparison, but have also switched to using all-seasons exclusively in the concrete jungle and regional surrounds.

Another one to throw in the mix to consider: Michelin CrossClimate2.
Recently offered in OE sizes and load ratings for the Model 3.

If your Performance comes with the stock 20s, consider replacing with some 18s or 19s. The sidewall height on the 20s is incompatible with the ruin that is this city and state.

Taking delivery of my M3P within the next month. In NYC and it will 100% be my daily driver.

I'm well versed in the benefits of summer tires and the ups/downs of all-seasons; I've had multiple sports cars/sedans and been thru both a/s and summer tire options (Audi S4, WRX, F150-Lightining, C5 Corvette, Trailblazer SS, and CTS-V), so I am not looking for the hate that comes at all-seasons tires, but accepting the reality that in NYC, on a daily driver, going all-seasons will be my choice once the temps start dropping come November.

Looking for opinions on the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S specifically. I had both the Conti DSW06 and the Mich PSA/S3+ on my CTS-V and both were pretty darn good for all-seasons; couldn't tell too much of a difference between them. Yes, they weren't as good as my PS4 summers, but they hooked well on a 600hp RWD car and handled more than acceptably in the most spirited driving one can do in NYC/Long Island/Westchester area without having their license revoked.

Had all but confined myself to going back to the Michelin PSA/S3+, but came across the tirerack ratings of the BFG G-Forces and was surprised to see it beating them across the board in all categories. Yes, this is subjective, but they are valid purchaser's input so it does have some weight to it.

Anyone had these on their M3P or M3LR? Any direct comparisons to the Michelin or Continentals?

Thanks in advance guys
I just bought these on tire rack in 245/35/20 for my M3P. So far so good. Like you, the reviews and reasonable price swayed me. I haven’t pushed the car hard no complaints.

Thanks in advance guys
I had these tires on my old Mazda 3. I know I know. Not the same car.
They were decent in the dry but not so good in the rain and pretty bad in snow (I live in Maryland).
Also, as they wore down, they got worse and worse and the rubber started to feel very hard like plastic. Paradoxically, they also developed much worse rolling resistance. I actually had my brakes checked out because I thought my pads were stuck.
I swore I would never get these tires again and always speak up when someone is considering them.
Only thing they were good at was actual tread wear.
Stay away!!!!!

I had these tires on my old Mazda 3. I know I know. Not the same car.
They were decent in the dry but not so good in the rain and pretty bad in snow (I live in Maryland).
Also, as they wore down, they got worse and worse and the rubber started to feel very hard like plastic. Paradoxically, they also developed much worse rolling resistance. I actually had my brakes checked out because I thought my pads were stuck.
I swore I would never get these tires again and always speak up when someone is considering them.
Only thing they were good at was actual tread wear.
Stay away!!!!!
This is a new tire per tire rack isn’t it?