Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gauge 6 wire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pulled a 40 gauge 6 wire from my breaker panel to the garage outside on a 50 Amp breaker over the weekend.

Man, the wire is heavy and not easy to handle. I put a PVC contour from my basement to the garage so the wire is insulated from the fiberglass insulation. It needs to go through a 90 degree tube. For those who is thinking about DYI, make sure you minimize the amount of wire that needs to go through the 90 degree PVC tube, and put some Vaseline around the wire to make it easier.

At the end of the day, it is worth the effort. Now just have to wait for the inspection before I turn it on.

Pulled a 40 gauge 6 wire from my breaker panel to the garage outside on a 50 Amp breaker over the weekend.

Man, the wire is heavy and not easy to handle. I put a PVC contour from my basement to the garage so the wire is insulated from the fiberglass insulation. It needs to go through a 90 degree tube. For those who is thinking about DYI, make sure you minimize the amount of wire that needs to go through the 90 degree PVC tube, and put some Vaseline around the wire to make it easier.

At the end of the day, it is worth the effort. Now just have to wait for the inspection before I turn it on.

Use the proper lubricant. Get a qualified electrician or you may be getting a qualified fire fighter. Please do it correctly.