Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 "BlueStar" 2-door coupe styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To maximize range they need to maximize aerodynamics, tall and stubby doesn't work. One reason the LEAF doesn't have a better cd is it's height.

Yes, I am conflicted about that. But one can make a more narrow car to (somewhat) make up for tallness.
(At least as far as aerodynamics go.)

The Honda FIT EV is one of the most efficient, and it is tall, but rather narrow.
2013-Honda-Fit-EV1.jpg

Stylistically, bleh, but from an practicality standpoint it makes getting in and out easy, and seeing and being seen good.

Last edited:
Hi guys, thumbs up for my first post ! Yoohoo! :) I looked at the other posts and I haven't seen this Concept Design here... What do you guys think?

View attachment 12661

Kind regards from Germany!

- - - Updated - - -

this is where I got it from: Tesla Intern Pens A Subompact Luxury EV - Gas 2

That looks like a death trap, you'd hate to get into a head-on collision in that. Why would you think tesla wouldn't want the car to have a hood? Given that it makes you a lot safer in crashes, and also acts as a storage compartment, it would be stupid not to have one. Also keep in mind elon said this car would be comparable to a 3-series bmw, which does not fit the profile of a smart for-two like this car does.
Because a lot of you seem to think a minicar like this would be a good design, maybe this will change your minds:

Why Small Cars Won't Keep You Safe - Forbes.com

GM USA seems to think that very small car = very cheap car, so they tend to get from Asian partners when they want a "mini-car" chassis.
Chevrolet Spark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Daewoo)
Chevrolet Aveo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Daewoo)
Geo Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Suzuki)
Chevrolet Sprint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Suzuki)

It is rare for an Opel model to "cross the pond" back to USA.
They did some under the Saturn brand, but that brand is now defunct.

And yeah, as you said, they are doing the Insignia as a the Buick Regal.
And they could bring the Adam over, but I doubt they will.
It would have been more likley if Saturn was still going.
I don't see "Adam" being a Buick model.

I'm hoping for a tall hatch. Having the space available to make an Ikea run or move lots of cargo is a practicality I will miss when selling my Scion xB for my Model S. I won't miss is THAT much, but in a few years when we give our Leaf back (3 year lease) I'd really want to replace it with a compact but tall hatch EV. Don't let me down, TMC!

preview-scion-t2b-concept-20050405052254194.jpg