Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Genuine Tesla mudflaps (extended) causing paint damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 49699
Hey guys

Wondering if anyone has had a problem with the Tesla genuine mudflaps on the Model 3 causing paint damage to the lower skirts?

From the day they were installed, the mudflaps have scraped when going over some speed-humps or other low clearance road areas. The sound didn't bother me, so I was fine to leave the flaps on for the additional protection they provided against stone chips to the side of the car.

However, I've just discovered that over time, the mudflaps have rubbed against the paint on the skirts, causing a large area of paint to be removed. (Photo above, and more below.)

I have a few questions for the community:
> First... if you're using the Tesla mudflaps with the extended section, have you had this problem?
> Second... if you're using the Tesla mudflaps without the extended section, do they still rub and cause paint damage like this?
> Third... does anyone know of any way to install these flaps without causing paint damage... for example, adding some adhesive padding to provent this scraping?
> And last... any suggestions for non-Tesla flaps that might be a better design and less likely to scrape so closely against the skirting area?

Thanks guys, keen for your experience and feedback if you've had similar issues.

Cheers!
Mike

View attachment 49700
View attachment 49698View attachment 49701

if you're using the Tesla mudflaps with the extended section, have you had this problem?
I haven't noticed the problem so far but I have low mileage and rarely drive in "rough" conditions. Also, my splash guard extensions almost never scrape the ground because I cut them shorter.

Our mud flaps are specifically designed for the Tesla Model 3 and have a perfect fit. Made of TPE and PP materials, they have push clips that won't damage your car's paint during installation.
微信图片_20230828161150.png
giphy.gif

I think the instructions with the OEM mudflaps say to only use the extensions if you drive in inclement weather.
I never installed the extensions, they seem like they would hang pretty close to the ground.