Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed Tesla long mudflaps... do I need rear rocker PPF too?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

A few weeks ago I had the full Tesla mud flaps installed on the front wheel arches of my Model 3. The primary purpose of these is to keep the stone chips off the rear panels of my car on Australian country roads. Note that I used both parts that come in the Tesla mud flap kit, making them super low and wide.

IMG-2594.jpg

I also bought the rear rocker PPF from the Tesla online store. My original plan was to install this as well... but I'm now wondering if the long mud flaps will provide the protection I need from stones hitting the rear rocker area.

IMG-0270.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with the long mud flaps, and whether they keep stones off the area the PPF would cover? If you're in Australia and have used these mud flaps for protection on Australian country roads, I'd be even more keen to hear your experience!

Thanks guys!
Mike

I have those. They do scrape occasionally. Did not do rockers after 18 months and all seems still good. I would say that it depends on your terrain.
Yeah, they definitely scrape. But it seems that aside from the sound, it doesn't damage the flaps in any way.

Thanks for your feedback about the PPF on the rear panels. I am very tempted not to put it on and just trust the mud flaps...