Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Georgia Tesla Energy Installations (by Tesla)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla is planning on doing energy installations in Georgia and they are taking orders. I hope this thread will be an ongoing discussion for folks in Georgia with helpful input from those in other regions who have been through the process.

My panels + Powerwalls order has been in since February, the system has been designed, and they have pulled a permit from the city I live in. They have not gotten permission from my utility (Georgia Power), nor have they scheduled an installation. How are others doing in this process in Georgia? Have any installations been scheduled or started?

I've had two advisors so far but it appears I no longer have one as an email bounced, the phone no longer goes to that extension, and my texts have not been responded to.

Is it really? To be clear, they're just surveying if I have the necessary equipment/space to do it. I don't even have an advisor yet (i don't think).

My Installment contract did say installation will occur between 7 and 90 days from signing off on it so we'll see.

That's awesome. My site visit went ok today, they said my main panel looks good. They did note that some of asphalt singles are starting to wear (some fibers showing) and Tesla may or may not have sometime to say about that but we'll see. The guy that did my inspection came down from Raleigh, NC and I was his 10th inspection in the area since Monday.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
That's awesome. My site visit went ok today, they said my main panel looks good. They did note that some of asphalt singles are starting to wear (some fibers showing) and Tesla may or may not have sometime to say about that but we'll see. The guy that did my inspection came down from Raleigh, NC and I was his 10th inspection in the area since Monday.
Sounds like progress...good luck.
It sounds like this was a Tesla site visit as opposed to a utility or some other 3rd party, would you expand on that, thanks.

Correct, my house is a 1 story 2000sqft home, I guess my pictures that I took during the self home assessment portion were not good enough. He took pictures of my meter and panel, took pictures and measurements of where the gateway and 2 power walls will be installed. He took roof and attic measurements as well. He was onsite for about an hour.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
At Moderator request a new thread for all states has been created. Please reply there.

Status
Not open for further replies.