Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Into and Out of Drift Mode Effectively?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Deaf Paul

Supporting Member
Apr 9, 2023
Oahu, Hawaii
I'm trying to figure out how to get into and out of drift mode properly - I can't seem to find an explainer anywhere.

My medium sized gripe is that it takes too long to get into Drift Mode pressing multiple options on the screen.

My biggest gripe is that I have never been able to figure out how to get out of drift mode without having to park and restart the car first.

1. Is there a Drift Mode tutorial for dummies somewhere that I can pursue? I searched but came up short. I do not need a tutorial on how to actually drift. Just how to get in and out of this mode properly and quickly.

2. Is it possible to use SEXY buttons or some aftermarket item to quickly get into and out of drift mode with just one press? There are times when I want to drift just for one turn, and then go back into regular mode without having to stop twice and power off the car once.

-Paul

By drift mode you mean "Off Road Assist" mode?
No, the Performance trims of the 3 and Y have a drift preset in the track mode on the screen. It's just not quick/easy to access, and getting out of it has been problematic for me.

Previous non-tesla performance cars were as easy as turning off traction control to break the rear loose as needed, then turning it back on. Usually a button or switch on the center console.