Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Tesla to honor their Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually not quite.

When we bought our used E350, we were provided with an inspection check list to show us what they did with the car to be able to call it CPO. It is CA Law.

California's Rules For Sales of "Certified" Used Cars

Yeah, but the question is; did they actually check everything on the list? I'm going to lean towards 'unlikely'. If you return for service, they'll more than likely take care of the problem, but they're hedging their bets on the percentage of cars that won't come back.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Car is currently being serviced under warranty for faulty control arms as well as a faulty AC condenser. I'm glad tesla is taking care of this but it really irks me that they are claiming the 200 pt inspection for used cars. It is quite telling that a car with these problems passed and definitely makes me question any future purchases with Tesla.

can you tell me how you were able to convince them? I'm getting similar squeaks and my SC did tighten some bolts and it's actually louder now than before. However, they won't diagnose and actually fix it.

Had a completely different experience when I bought my 2016 MXP100D off the website back in February. It was detailed to a T, and it runs and works great. Have had very minor cosmetic issues (black trim around wheel wells coming loose) that they replaced under warranty without hesitation. The car was exactly as advertised on the website. Never thought I'd pay that much for a used car, but every day I am more and more happy with my decision.

Reactions: VikH
can you tell me how you were able to convince them? I'm getting similar squeaks and my SC did tighten some bolts and it's actually louder now than before. However, they won't diagnose and actually fix it.
I didn't have to mention anything else for them to take care of the control arms thankfully. I guess it depends on which SC you go to, this was at the Buena Park SC.

Here's a copy of the 2016 warranty (see attached), don't take no for an answer, document everything and continue to engage them until it's fixed. They just F'ed me on a warranty item after dropping over $300K in cars (3 Model S's). I just cancelled one of two my Cybertruck Triples, and will jump at the first company that comes out with a decent product that competes with Tesla, unfortunately right now you are stuck with the bastards as the only monopoly in the EV segment with a decent product. The service went to hell after the Mongolian Hordes showed up for the Model 3. I remember the bespoke service we used to get in 2012-2013. I should have seen this coming, not only did they lie to me, they tried to say my car was covered by the new Feb 1 2019 warranty, my car is a 2016... total BS. They wasted two days of me jack-assing back in forth in the stupid COVID no contact environment, then denied that it was a manufacturing issue (rear seat leather - where no one ever rides in my back seat, has massive bulbous stretch marks that look worse than (pick a name of politician you dislike) face. Looks s little better than this... Then they told me I had to produce a copy of the original warranty that they deleted from online account, I then had an attorney friend look at my sales agreement, which states they have to provide you a copy, just by requesting it.... they did after we went back and forth... freaking Hyundai treated me better when I bought their $40K Genesis Sedan. This direct sales model should be banned, no one is advocating for the customer, at least with the stealers in the middle they would work around this crap if you are dropping the kind of cash we are for these cars.

We'll have a manager call you..... still waiting... they don't give a FFFF...
iu
Is this warranty the same as the model x warranty for 2016? These dudes are trying to screw me over.
Here's a copy of the 2016 warranty (see attached), don't take no for an answer, document everything and continue to engage them until it's fixed. They just F'ed me on a warranty item after dropping over $300K in cars (3 Model S's). I just cancelled one of two my Cybertruck Triples, and will jump at the first company that comes out with a decent product that competes with Tesla, unfortunately right now you are stuck with the bastards as the only monopoly in the EV segment with a decent product. The service went to hell after the Mongolian Hordes showed up for the Model 3. I remember the bespoke service we used to get in 2012-2013. I should have seen this coming, not only did they lie to me, they tried to say my car was covered by the new Feb 1 2019 warranty, my car is a 2016... total BS. They wasted two days of me jack-assing back in forth in the stupid COVID no contact environment, then denied that it was a manufacturing issue (rear seat leather - where no one ever rides in my back seat, has massive bulbous stretch marks that look worse than (pick a name of politician you dislike) face. Looks s little better than this... Then they told me I had to produce a copy of the original warranty that they deleted from online account, I then had an attorney friend look at my sales agreement, which states they have to provide you a copy, just by requesting it.... they did after we went back and forth... freaking Hyundai treated me better when I bought their $40K Genesis Sedan. This direct sales model should be banned, no one is advocating for the customer, at least with the stealers in the middle they would work around this crap if you are dropping the kind of cash we are for these cars.

We'll have a manager call you..... still waiting... they don't give a FFFF...
iu
is this the same warranty as the one for the model x 2016?