Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glovebox vibration/rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had three rattles vibrations on my new LRMY. They fixed the first two, a bad seat belt recoil and insecure clamps on the rear left quarter panel window. Unfortunately, they couldn’t recreate the glovebox rattle/vibration. Of course, it happened all the home from the SC. I know it is the glovebox because it stops immediately if I open it or press on it. Before I take it back in, I’m wondering if others have seen (heard) this issue and if there is an easy home remedy. If it’s something simple, like tightening a screw, then I don’t want to head to the SC.

Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: bobbyjae
I had a rattle in the dash/glove box on my new (May) 2023 MS when going over rough roads or uneven pavement joints. Open the glove box and feel up and behind the lower padded section of dash that is above the top edge of the glove box door. This piece can be a source of rattles because the bottom edge is not completely secured and can vibrate causing the trim above it to rattle. To stop the rattling stuff pieces of one inch upholstery foam in the three open areas that exit behind the padded section of the dash. This was the easiest rattle fix that I done on any car I have owned. Other than this rattle, my MS has been rattle free.

I had a rattle in the dash/glove box on my new (May) 2023 MS when going over rough roads or uneven pavement joints. Open the glove box and feel up and behind the lower padded section of dash that is above the top edge of the glove box door. This piece can be a source of rattles because the bottom edge is not completely secured and can vibrate causing the trim above it to rattle. To stop the rattling stuff pieces of one inch upholstery foam in the three open areas that exit behind the padded section of the dash. This was the easiest rattle fix that I done on any car I have owned. Other than this rattle, my MS has been rattle free.
Do you have some pictures of the area?