Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go i-Pace app... Anyone....?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Anyone using the Go ipace app: https://media.jaguar.com/news/2018/07/go-i-pace-app-puts-electric-jaguar-your-pocket

Ive been using it for a few days now and according to the app ive done 10 Journeys over 5 days completed 201 miles and id only needed to charge once if i had an EV... Also a saving of £309/month..

Honestly it's a bit of a gimmick however i actually think Jag are onto something here sadly just like Tesla most people wont be able to afford an ipace or tesla, however, this type of app could really go a long way to reassure people that an EV could work for them.

Would be really interesting if a 3rd party built a similar app, then suggested which EV would be suitable along with helping users like me answer the questions "should i go 75 or 100Kw"

• Informative
Reactions: arg
saving of £309/month.

By my Man-Maths that would mean you were doing 30,000 miles p.a. ...

... and that would be REALLY impressive if you only have to charge once a week !!

But, yeah, I think its a cracking idea for an APP ... but if the data is CompleteCrapola they will get caught with their pants down ... although Tesla always seem to be in that department too, but over in the Teflon section ...

201 miles in 5 days = 14,673 p.a.

£309 saved per month = £3,708 p.a.

25p PER MILE saved.

Let's assume 3 miles per kWh and 6p per kWh (E7, but you'd struggle to get that cheap, all the time). Zero free Supercharger miles in a Jag (unless there is some other kickback available?)

So i-Pace cost of 14,673 miles is 14,673 * £0.06 = £293.46

Plus saving would mean the ICE fuel cost would have to be £4,001.46

ICE cost per mile = £4,001.46 / 14,673 miles p.a. = 27p per mile

With Fuel at £1.30 / L that's £1.30 * 4.54 L-per-gallon / 0.27p per mile = 21.9 MPG.

Did you get to put in what you currently drive? Sherman Tank? :rolleyes:

Best someone check my maths pls ... :)

Lol yeah apparently when I’ve driven some more the data will be more accurate... ermmmm

Unable to say what car you have but you can enter your current MPG doesn’t let you enter what you paid for fuel or what the cost per KW would be so guessing it works from averages.