Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good place to install ecohitch in east bay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used my driveway. If you are looking for someone that installs a lot, I had the folks at Allied Trailer Supply install the base plate on my Honda. They did a bang-up job and worked with Blue Ox to do a first time install on my car. Went in the official documentation for that model year.

15180 E 14th St
San Leandro, CA 94578
[email protected]
510-276-6200

-Randy

Did mine in an afternoon. The only thing I forgot to do was keep track of rear steel bumper orientation (oval hole to the right) :). The installer in my area was nearly 45 minutes away and I wanted it done right so I just did it. Wasn’t too bad.
I noticed several Youtube video about installing an EchoHitch for the Model 3, but none mention how to do the wiring.
I wonder if there is a way to tape the wires without doing any cutting or splicing?
I would be interested to know how you did the wiring, and if so could you show some pics?

Oh, sure, just get those wiretaps from your auto parts store. The wires are THIN so get the smallest you find. Like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Bestgle-Self-Stripping-Electrical-Connectors-Terminal/dp/B07114XHB8

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_255.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_254.jpg

-Randy

Last edited: