Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Tire Make/Model Recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I’m in the market for 265/295 tires for my MYP and mainly looking for a good all around comfortable tire. Car is currently lowered on coilovers with the factory 255/275 Michelin Pilot Sport all seasons. Do you have experience with any of the options below?

Not sure if I’ll go with summer or all seasons but I broke them down into two categories if you have any feedback on that as well.

All Season
  • Continental Control Contact Sport SRS+ - All Season
  • Continental Cross Contact LX Sport - All Season
  • Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus - All Season
  • Pirelli Scorpian Zero Plus 3 - All Season
  • Pirelli Scorpian Zero Plus - All Season
  • Toyo Celsius Plus 3 - All Season
  • Yokohama Geolander X-CV - All Season

Summer
  • Bridgestone Potenza Sport - Summer
  • Michelin Latitude Sport 3 - Summer
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - Summer
  • Pirelli P Zero PZA - Summer
Thanks!

I've used Continental ExtremeContact DWS06+, including the previous two version (non-plus and pre-06) across the three vehicles I've used. DWS and DWS06 on my 2010 Honda Fit Sport, DWS06+ on both 2019 Honda HR-V and 2023 Tesla MYP). The pre-06 was my favorite and the 06 non-plus felt like a performance downgrade from the previous.

The current feels most like a mix of the two. Of course, the issue is comparing the 06+ on a pair of SUVs verses previous versions on a compact non-SUV. I've found that, at recommended PSI, these tires flex a bit while turning and it feels uncomfortable to me. Increasing it by about 3-5 PSI removes that, but does make it a little stiffer (acceptable to me).

That being said, on my MYP, I switch between the factory 21" wheels with Michelin PS4AS and aftermarket 19" with DWS06+. I can't really compare the two because I think the 19x8" wheels are too narrow for the 255 tires (maybe my preference for lightweight simple design, aka Enkei PX-10, backfired). Because, even with higher PSI, it still flexes during turns quite noticeably. But for whatever its worth, I think the PS4AS tires are better overall, at least compared to the 19" setup I have.

I really hope Tesla comes out with a Model 2, or whatever it is called, for consumers. I mention this because my current process is to "use" up the tires on the 19" as much as possible in the case I trade in the MYP for an "M2." This way, if I can use the wheel, it won't feel bad to replace mostly worn tires, assuming it'll use a smaller overall diameter tire. In the case I can't use the wheel, it won't hurt as much. But if the "M2" is far enough away and the time comes to replace the DWS06+, I'll need to consider either just sticking to the 21" from then on, or trying the PS4AS on the 19" wheels for comparison. Trying DWS06+ on the 21" wheels requires non-factory sizes, which I'm not too keen on at the moment.

Just in case, I will mention, I'm not trying to describe any of this in terms of "sportiness" or performance, this is purely because I don't like the feeling on instability when driving. I don't like feeling the car "wobble" in a basic turn just keeping up with traffic.