Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Y with the 20” Inductions came with these tires. Does anyone have any thoughts on them? It’s been 30 years since I’ve owned a car with Goodyears. Do all Y 20” come with these tires standard? I took delivery in SoCal so really surprised they tossed some All Seasons on the. People have complained that they suck in snow (not applicable for me) or are too hard with the long tread life.

Had been hoping they would come with Michelin Pilot sports. The 4S’s I have on my other car are incredible at cornering. They make every simple grocery run a joy.

There are more options for tires for the Induction wheels if you go for 255/45-20. I found for some tires, like the Pilot Sport A/S, the 255/45-20 is cheaper than the 255/40-20. Personally, I'd always go for the 255/45-20, because it looks better than the OE size on the induction wheels... The speedo has been a non-issue for me, as I think the OE setup had the speedo over-reporting. Right before I dismounted the Goodyears, when my speedo said 80, I was actually going 77 according to radar. With 255/45-20, when my speedo says 79, radar says 80. At least when the tires were first mounted. I haven't checked since then.

There are more options for tires for the Induction wheels if you go for 255/45-20. I found for some tires, like the Pilot Sport A/S, the 255/45-20 is cheaper than the 255/40-20. Personally, I'd always go for the 255/45-20, because it looks better than the OE size on the induction wheels... The speedo has been a non-issue for me, as I think the OE setup had the speedo over-reporting. Right before I dismounted the Goodyears, when my speedo said 80, I was actually going 77 according to radar. With 255/45-20, when my speedo says 79, radar says 80. At least when the tires were first mounted. I haven't checked since then.
Seems like 275/40-20 is another popular variation. The tire is wider than factory which gives alot more wheel protection.. and also slightly taller for a better ride.

I think the Goodyear F1s Asysemetric are a okay tire.. i'd rate them a 7 out of 10 overall. Thats said, my next set of tires will be either the Continental DWS06 PLUS or Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 as these tires seem to be overwhelmingly rated at 9 out of 10. They are both max performance All-Season tires. The Michelin AS4 is considered an ultra-high performance all-season tire.. so it should have pratically the same amount of grip as a max performance summer tire when used on public streets. I would expect to only notice a difference between it & max performance summer tires on a racetrack.

That said, the DWS06+ seems to be almost as highly rated as the AS4 in the dry.. but are significantly cheaper & longer tread life.. all while having even better grip in the rain & snow. For someone who will never put my car on a racetrack.. the DWS06+ seems like the "best of all worlds" tire choice for my personal usage. Just checked Discount Tire and sure enough, you are right about the price.. it's $980 for the entire set of DWS06+ in 255/45R20.. and $1,148 for the set in 275/40R20. Would save $168 going with the slimmer 255/45R20's. The AS4 are signficantly more expensive in comparison.. $1,200 or $1,400 pricing for those two same sizes.

I'm currently at 30K miles on my OEM 20" Goodyears on my 2021 Model Y. I drive about 2,000 miles per month, do my own tire rotations every 10K miles and currently sitting at 5/32-6/32 tread remaining on 4 tires. So I probably have a another 5-10K miles (or about 4 months) of good tread remaining. Do I take the $168 savings and go for the more cushy ride of the 255/45's? Or do I spend extra for wider 275/40's.. lose some efficiency due to the wider tire.. but gain even more grip and alot of extra wheel protection from wheel scrapes & scratches while parking close to the curb?

FYI.. for anyone else interested in purchasing the DWS06+ before the end of this month.. they come with an additional $70 rebate until 11/30. So certainly something else to consider.. especiallly with winter weather approaching for most of the US.

Seems like 275/40-20 is another popular variation. The tire is wider than factory which gives alot more wheel protection.. and also slightly taller for a better ride.

I think the Goodyear F1s Asysemetric are a okay tire.. i'd rate them a 7 out of 10 overall. Thats said, my next set of tires will be either the Continental DWS06 PLUS or Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 as these tires seem to be overwhelmingly rated at 9 out of 10. They are both max performance All-Season tires. The Michelin AS4 is considered an ultra-high performance all-season tire.. so it should have pratically the same amount of grip as a max performance summer tire when used on public streets. I would expect to only notice a difference between it & max performance summer tires on a racetrack.

That said, the DWS06+ seems to be almost as highly rated as the AS4 in the dry.. but are significantly cheaper & longer tread life.. all while having even better grip in the rain & snow. For someone who will never put my car on a racetrack.. the DWS06+ seems like the "best of all worlds" tire choice for my personal usage. Just checked Discount Tire and sure enough, you are right about the price.. it's $980 for the entire set of DWS06+ in 255/45R20.. and $1,148 for the set in 275/40R20. Would save $168 going with the slimmer 255/45R20's. The AS4 are signficantly more expensive in comparison.. $1,200 or $1,400 pricing for those two same sizes.

I'm currently at 30K miles on my OEM 20" Goodyears on my 2021 Model Y. I drive about 2,000 miles per month, do my own tire rotations every 10K miles and currently sitting at 5/32-6/32 tread remaining on 4 tires. So I probably have a another 5-10K miles (or about 4 months) of good tread remaining. Do I take the $168 savings and go for the more cushy ride of the 255/45's? Or do I spend extra for wider 275/40's.. lose some efficiency due to the wider tire.. but gain even more grip and alot of extra wheel protection from wheel scrapes & scratches while parking close to the curb?

FYI.. for anyone else interested in purchasing the DWS06+ before the end of this month.. they come with an additional $70 rebate until 11/30. So certainly something else to consider.. especiallly with winter weather approaching for most of the US.
Thank you.. very helpful information.. I’m about to switch to 20’ Goodyears; Have a 2022 MYP with 21’ and 15K miles.
I know how much more expensive those 21’ can be and maybe I’ll get better range.. can also rotate them. 👍🏻

Reactions: Bob2C and Daekwan