Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current OEM tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the current OEM tires on Model Y Long Range with 20" wheels?

curious because mine came with Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 5 - and I need to replace them. Goodyear no longer makes that tire and they don't have a comparable replacement.

What are the current OEM tires on Model Y Long Range with 20" wheels?

curious because mine came with Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 5 - and I need to replace them. Goodyear no longer makes that tire and they don't have a comparable replacement.
Tire Rack shows the 2023 Tesla Model Y with 20" wheel OE Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 (M+S) tire, size 255/40R-20 is currently Out of Stock. Additional inventory is due today (5/17/23) with delivery available by 5/23/23).

I saw that, but Goodyear says the tire is no longer in production. I'll keep an eye on it though. I have a discount coupon at 35% off if I buy from Goodyear.com so I'd really like to use that. I wonder where Tire Rack is getting their Goodyear tires if Goodyear is no longer making them?

I saw that, but Goodyear says the tire is no longer in production. I'll keep an eye on it though. I have a discount coupon at 35% off if I buy from Goodyear.com so I'd really like to use that. I wonder where Tire Rack is getting their Goodyear tires if Goodyear is no longer making them?
Tire Rack has warehouses in multiple states. With a discount coupon (if you need to purchase 4 tires) why not consider the Goodyear Electric Drive GT?

here we are almost a year later and I'm wondering the same thing. The tire does not show up on Goodyear's website at all as an offering. And when I called Goodyear directly, they said they're out of stock.

But they're still for sale on multiple sites including tire rack right now in stock (Feb 2024)

But it is still the default stock tire for Tesla Model y with 20-in rims right? So it's clearly not out of production

I just put on a new set of the O.E. Goodyears about two weeks ago. Discount Tire had them in stock. I was greatly surprised I squeaked 29k miles out of the original set that came on my Y. The pic they use isn’t the correct tread pattern but the tires that came in were.

Attachments

• IMG_1778.jpeg
    IMG_1778.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: halfhumble
I just put on a new set of the O.E. Goodyears about two weeks ago. Discount Tire had them in stock. I was greatly surprised I squeaked 29k miles out of the original set that came on my Y. The pic they use isn’t the correct tread pattern but the tires that came in were.
I just noticed, I think you bought the summer only version?

Isnt The OEM Tesla version, an all-season version with M+S in the name?

I do see your screenshot does say original equipment, but when you scroll down on the page it's saying throughout, it's a summer high performance tire.

So I guess there's 2:
Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 (M+S) (All- Season)
Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

It's very confusing!🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240229_000428_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240229_000428_Chrome.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I just noticed, I think you bought the summer only version?

Isnt The OEM Tesla version, an all-season version with M+S in the name?

I do see your screenshot does say original equipment, but when you scroll down on the page it's saying throughout, it's a summer high performance tire.

So I guess there's 2:
Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 (M+S) (All- Season)
Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

It's very confusing!🤔
I received the M+S version. I too was concerned when I placed the order. Like I said the image they use on their site is incorrect. It shows the summer only. There was two prices listed, the $329 price has the foam inserts. It was very confusing. Once I got there I asked to see the new tires first just to make sure it had the M+S.

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpeg
    IMG_1790.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I received the M+S version. I too was concerned when I placed the order. Like I said the image they use on their site is incorrect. It shows the summer only. There was two prices listed, the $329 price has the foam inserts. It was very confusing. Once I got there I asked to see the new tires first just to make sure it had the M+S.
oh okay, yeah I knew the image was incorrect, but I thought the written details & description was correct.

But anyways that's good you got the right version and checked in person.