Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Maps Now Features EV Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Source: www.cleantechnica.com December 30th, 2018 by Zachary Shahan
"OK, this isn’t the hottest news on the planet, but if you missed it, it may be helpful to know that Google Maps now enthusiastically jumps to your service if you’re looking for an EV charging station … which sort of steps all over PlugShare’s toes, but is admittedly a big help for many electric car drivers, especially newbies who knew enough to get a Tesla Model 3 but know very little otherwise about EV life and apps....." See link for more

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
Yes, don't get stranded without juice in you battery.
Has anyone heard recent updates on AAA's EV charging truck, or for that matter- a Tesla road assistance charging truck?

AAA-Mobile-Charging-626x417-1.jpg

Source: www.cleantechnica.com December 30th, 2018 by Zachary Shahan
"OK, this isn’t the hottest news on the planet, but if you missed it, it may be helpful to know that Google Maps now enthusiastically jumps to your service if you’re looking for an EV charging station … which sort of steps all over PlugShare’s toes, but is admittedly a big help for many electric car drivers, especially newbies who knew enough to get a Tesla Model 3 but know very little otherwise about EV life and apps....." See link for more
Interesting. I search for "EV Charging" as suggested and get pretty much only ChargePoint sites. I search for "Tesla chargers" and get Destination charging and no Superchargers. I search for "Tesla superchargers" and get most SC's, but not all, plus SOME destination charging sites.

The good thing about Google Maps info is that it is mostly crowd sourced. The bad thing about Google Maps info is that it is mostly crowd sourced. Maybe teaming with Tesla will help get some consistency in information.:rolleyes:

One interesting note is that my wife's addition of the Richmond, TX Supercharger location to Google Maps was not approved and did not get added to the map. She has added several in the past. Maybe they are only allowing corporate to add those. Who knows.

BTW, Apple Maps can find EV chargers as well. I have seen it show Tesla superchargers, Chargepoint, EVGo and Sema chargers. But I doubt either Google's or Apple's databases are as good as the crowd-sourced Plugshare database (especially for chargers that don't belong to one of the big networks).

• Helpful
Reactions: madodel