Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a call from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Black LR AWD w/ induction wheels and FSD. They called to ask if I wanted to switch over my order to either a MSM, Blue, Red or White as those are available otherwise the black will be another 2-3 months.

After seeing the MSM and how good it looks on the Y I'm tempted to switch it over. I assume the black will be that flat black the Model 3 is set up as versus a metallic black. I've never owned a black car but always liked the idea. I'm sure it will be fun to clean dust, pollen etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Dwayne Hicks
i've owned two black cars. Beautiful when its clean and you detail the car. But once you start skipping on the detail and washing, man you can see every scratch, swirls in the paint. MSM, White are nice. But i love the blue, my wife has a blue Model 3 and its a beautiful color.

Reactions: firerock
I ordered a Black LR AWD w/ induction wheels and FSD. They called to ask if I wanted to switch over my order to either a MSM, Blue, Red or White as those are available otherwise the black will be another 2-3 months.

After seeing the MSM and how good it looks on the Y I'm tempted to switch it over. I assume the black will be that flat black the Model 3 is set up as versus a metallic black. I've never owned a black car but always liked the idea. I'm sure it will be fun to clean dust, pollen etc.

Get a Cali duster. I had a black car 18 years ago. Never again. As soon as you dry it, it has a layer of dust on it.

Reactions: Evoforce and KRG21
yes. they said it would be ready in the next few days. as far as the contactless delivery measures they are implementing:
  1. A pin will be provided to access your vehicle
  2. all documents need to be e-signed ahead of pick up
  3. payment needs to be provided ahead of time. meaning inspection of the car is not available before funding.

I just got off the phone with a Tesla rep (Nick) in Fremont who told me the same thing - that I could have my Model Y delivered in a couple weeks if I switched from a Solid Black exterior (Performance PUP w/ FSD) to another color, otherwise I'd have to wait a couple months to take delivery. I declined - I've always had black cars and I'm not switching now.

you'd think that they would start with the most in demand colors off the production line but who knows (perhaps black is lowest on that list?). once black Model Ys start coming off the line it cant be too long until we are fulfilled but perhaps wishful thinking. they are likely just going to for lowest hanging fruit of matching orders with those closest to the factory to jam through as many deliveries by quarter end. can't blame them.

yes. they said it would be ready in the next few days. as far as the contactless delivery measures they are implementing:
  1. A pin will be provided to access your vehicle
  2. all documents need to be e-signed ahead of pick up
  3. payment needs to be provided ahead of time. meaning inspection of the car is not available before funding.

Ah so we didn't talk about that. Is that from the delivery center chosen or do they drop it off? I'm assuming it's from the Delivery center.

Ah so we didn't talk about that. Is that from the delivery center chosen or do they drop it off? I'm assuming it's from the Delivery center.
I believe contactless deliveries are being made at Tesla Delivery Centers only. From Tesla's announcement today:
In many locations, we are in the process of implementing “touchless deliveries” so customers can continue to take delivery of their vehicle in a seamless and safe way. Due to the unique over-the-air connectivity of our vehicles, customers are able to unlock their new cars at a delivery parking lot via the Tesla App, sign any remaining relevant paperwork that has been placed in their car, and return that paperwork to an on-site drop-off location prior to leaving. This method provides additional convenience and comfort.
Tesla Operational Update | Tesla, Inc.

Last edited:
Reactions: IdaBish
Tesla is a really pissed me off right now, ordered on Launch day and received prepare for delivery note at beginning of march, then order was stuck at waiting for contract to be drafted for two weeks. with shut down coming next week. I don't think they will make it on time, which gonna force me to go through loan application again. Since my house overlooked their Fremont factory, from now on, every time i see the movements from theirs factory I am gonna report them to county sheriff and public health for violation of restraining order. which gonna give them a bad headache. Bad idea to piss off your neighbor Elon.

Tesla is a really pissed me off right now, ordered on Launch day and received prepare for delivery note at beginning of march, then order was stuck at waiting for contract to be drafted for two weeks. with shut down coming next week. I don't think they will make it on time, which gonna force me to go through loan application again. Since my house overlooked their Fremont factory, from now on, every time i see the movements from theirs factory I am gonna report them to county sheriff and public health for violation of restraining order. which gonna give them a bad headache. Bad idea to piss off your neighbor Elon.

You realize you ordered it under the assumption that you wouldn't be receiving until the end of the year anyway? Also they are still allowed to have "essential staff" so there will be movement. Chill out.