Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got A Great Deal On A Used Model 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brand new 2019 LR RWD was $35K after rebates (not including sales tax).

First off, A long range M3 is only available in dual motor.
Secondly you must be adding in money you didn't spend for gas (I'm guessing the salvage guy didn't buy gas either)
Lastly, tax is always included, unless you bought it salvaged!!
Tesla's own web site is quoting a price of $47990 + 8% tax (more in some states) = 51,829!!
The federal rebate is only $1875 so depending on your state there are very little incentives or rebates unless you live in Taxifornia!

So as you can see, you would be paying roughly 50,000 for a long range model 3 right now!!

35,000 is a pipe dream!!

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
First off, A long range M3 is only available in dual motor.
Secondly you must be adding in money you didn't spend for gas (I'm guessing the salvage guy didn't buy gas either)
Lastly, tax is always included, unless you bought it salvaged!!
Tesla's own web site is quoting a price of $47990 + 8% tax (more in some states) = 51,829!!
The federal rebate is only $1875 so depending on your state there are very little incentives or rebates unless you live in Taxifornia!

So as you can see, you would be paying roughly 50,000 for a long range model 3 right now!!

35,000 is a pipe dream!!

Are you aware that you are responding to a post from May? Virtually everything you have posted is not applicable to how Tesla was pricing their cars in March 2019 when I purchased my Model 3. Everything in my very simple one sentence statement was completely correct. You just joined the forum today and you already correcting people?

Are you aware that you are responding to a post from May? Virtually everything you have posted is not applicable to how Tesla was pricing their cars in March 2019 when I purchased my Model 3. Everything in my very simple one sentence statement was completely correct. You just joined the forum today and you already correcting people?

HAHAHAHA schooled! love your reply

You are absolutely right!! My bad.

Salvaged model 3's like yours are going for as low as 15,000 NOW due to the lower valuation of new. Expect most salvage cars to fetch 50% of new. No matter how you slice it, salvage will always be at least 50% less and often more depending on the damage. Your point can be looked at both ways. His car had an out the door price upwards of 60,000. So you comparing your car to his was the same as me pointing out how yours compares with new. The fact your car is a rear wheel drive devalues it and on the resale market compared to dual motor.

Don't hate on a guy because he wants sweat equity in his car and wants a bargain. Believe it or not, many salvage vehicle owners have multiple salvage vehicles in their garage and have been rebuilding salvage for several years. Most could afford new but prefer to save a few bucks and actually like the idea of knowing how to repair their car. Many own their own shops and do major body and mechanical work for a living. AS the number of model 3's grows exponentially over the next few years (assuming Tesla turns a profit for more than one quarter at some point) plan on seeing a lot of them at auction. You better hope people buy salvage Teslas because if they quit buying at auction, your ability to insure them will likely be diminished and/or become cost prohibitive. Insurance companies are already starting to refuse insurance for Teslas like Hartford. Musk was wise to start his own insurance company.

Good luck with your model 3 and I wish you nothing but the best!! Just consider what that vehicle will cost to repair if you keep it past warranty. Also food for thought is how your resale will be affected as your warranty approaches the end. Who will pay good money for a car that they can't work on themselves and has no warranty. If Tesla keeps its toolbox software unavailable to independent shops and refuses to allow people to fix cars themselves who will buy a used model 3 rear wheel drive past warranty. Even BMW and Mercedes have huge hits on resale value at the end of warranty because of repair costs and if you're a mechanic you can repair them yourself as all of the repair manuals are available to allow you to do so. We have yet to see what a used tesla past warranty will be but I'm guessing the relsale will be absurdly low.

Once people become more aware of how expensive these cars are to maintain without being able to do your own work OR have to have Tesla work on them the resale value out of warranty will be absurdly low. This will affect your ability to sell even close to warranty end once that happens.

Reactions: Tron 3