Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS Location is offset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this was due to a software update or something happened recently but for a month or so now, I have been noticing that randomly my location is offset to the side in some areas.

Anyone experienced this? I have an appointment in 3 weeks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 11.10.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 11.10.47 AM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 265
Never happened to me in all the miles I've driven till just now for about 5 miles then it went back to correct on its own. My phone was getting 22-26 satellites in use so it's not like it was a dead spot for getting a GPS signal. So I'd say it's a software bug I'm on 2022.40.4.1

PXL_20221124_115359326.jpg

Got the car last week from the dealer and the replaced some part with a new updated version. issues seems to be fixed now (knock on wood)

If anyone interested here is the detail from the SC

Attachments

• IMG_3326.jpg
    IMG_3326.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Ciaopec
I suspect the camera replacement wasn't needed, but possible. Others have reported that there is some GPS wiring near that camera that if too close causes problems. So either the cable was rerouted and/or the new camera is shielded better. Glad you have it fixed!

I just got mine back from service for this issue. They said they replaced the GPS antenna and that it's resolved, but it's exactly the same. I need this started immediately after installing the update that enabled the cabin camera.
Friend with this problem some time ago. They ultimately replaced the cabin camera and he hasn't had problem in 6 months.

Getting this more often now. Still don't know whose problem it is.

It's your problem 😁

For me, it happens when the car faces certain directions (e.g. Southwest or Northeast). This makes sense, since only in some directions is the cabin camera wiring *in between* the GPS antenna and satellite.

You should schedule service, perhaps point them at this and other threads on the matter that mention the cabin camera issue.