Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS Supercharger Mapping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at a golf outing in Saint James New York which is on the north shore of Long Island. When I connected to the mapping system in the car to locate local superchargers it provided me one Long Island in Syosset which was fine It also provided three chargers in Greenwich Connecticut and Darien Connecticut at a fairly reasonable distance. Unfortunately it was measuring the distance as the crow flies, not accounting for the Long Island Sound portion of the Atlantic Ocean. The reported 12-18 mile trek to those superchargers would actually take ballpark 75 miles. Being a New Yorker I knew it was bad info but for someone who wasn't a local, this mapping glitch could cause issues Also does anyone miss the odometer in the new display after software update?

I was at a golf outing in Saint James New York which is on the north shore of Long Island. When I connected to the mapping system in the car to locate local superchargers it provided me one Long Island in Syosset which was fine It also provided three chargers in Greenwich Connecticut and Darien Connecticut at a fairly reasonable distance. Unfortunately it was measuring the distance as the crow flies, not accounting for the Long Island Sound portion of the Atlantic Ocean. The reported 12-18 mile trek to those superchargers would actually take ballpark 75 miles. Being a New Yorker I knew it was bad info but for someone who wasn't a local, this mapping glitch could cause issues Also does anyone miss the odometer in the new display after software update?
The Nav system lists Superchargers with their "crow flies" distance. It doesn't calculate the route to each Supercharger until you select it.
Once you select a SC, it will calculate a route and give an exact distance. Even for someone unfamiliar with the area, this will be obvious. The map will show SC stations and you can select a closer one if needed.