Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green light calculator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I’m new here and I don’t own a Tesla, but I’m strongly leaning toward buying one next year when my CD matures. If it makes any difference, the specifics are a used Model S Plaid. I currently have a heads/cam/intake/headers 2009 Z06 Corvette that puts out 575 rwhp - so that’s why the Plaid appeals to me.

Anyway, my question is about whether anyone knows if this might be added to the things the Tesla car computer can do. I didn’t even know this was done by any auto manufacturer, and AFAIK from watching many videos on the Model S 2020 refresh and the upcoming Model 3 refresh, I don’t think this currently done by any Teslas.

What am I talking about? Well, apparently Audi have this car computer that calculates the speed that you need to drive to hit green lights! From the article:
Essentially, what Traffic Light Information does are two things: counts down the time at a red traffic light until it turns green (this feature seems to have appeared in 2016) and then adding something called GLOSA, for “Green Light Optimized Speed Advisory” in 2019 which is a system that computes the optimal speed to drive so you can catch every single green light along your route, surfing from emerald glow to verdant glare over and over, a chain of green lights that remains one city driving’s greatest joys. - Audi Tells You How Fast You Have To Drive To Hit All The Traffic Lights. Why Aren't We All Talking About This? - The Autopian