TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Group Buy: So.Cal/West Side: Tint/PPF/Ceramic via Concours Auto Spa (Group 4)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dougatconcours, Nov 7, 2018.

1. dougatconcours

Not a problem, our pleasure. Yes Sir confirmed on all. Thanks again for the business.

2. dougatconcours

Sorry meant to answer you earlier. We have installed Clear Plex on windshields in the past. Give us a call

• Like x 1
  3. dougatconcours

Hi Cambyses!!

Looking forward to meeting you at your check up.

4. dougatconcours

We have done a few. Probably a bit overkill for daily driving.

• Like x 1
  5. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

What's the current lead time for an appointment in Torrance? Likely picking up my 3 end of this week or early next week and would love to just drop off directly for work.

6. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

@dougatconcours

7. cambyses

cambyses Member

Hi @dougatconcours ,

Meeting you would be great indeed... But does this mean that you will be at the MDR location, or should I instead bring the car to your Torrance location for my follow-up appointment next Monday morning? Torrance location would certainly be more convenient for me given my drive from OC. Please let me know. Thx!

8. BOBEDIGITL

BOBEDIGITL Member

• Informative x 1
  9. dougatconcours

Torrance is booked out until January. However, Marina del Rey has an opening that would fit your schedule and it's less than a mile from the Tesla delivery center in Marina del Rey.

• Like x 1
  10. Lifeinabox

Lifeinabox Member

Will do as soon as I get a delivery window. Thanks.

11. TM3LA

TM3LA New Member

Hey @dougatconcours
    Picked up my Model 3 on Thursday from MDR. Got the group buy package... Car looks amazing!! Brett took good care of me. I was surprised to see five other Model 3's in the shop. For a minute I thought it was another Tesla delivery center :) Thanks so much to you and your team at Marina del Rey.

Troy

12. dougatconcours

Hi Troy,

Yes, sometimes we think we work directly for Tesla. We are glad you are happy, don't forget you have a check up next week. We want to make sure everything looks good and everything tucked and stuck.

Best,

Doug

13. ninpb

ninpb Member

I see tons of people getting their windows tinted so I'm sure there's a way and no problem, but how do they do it with the windows auto rolling down with the door open. I should try, but with door open, you can press the up button?

Also last and first time I got a tint job, I was told to wait a day or two to not roll down the windows. Again with the auto roll down with a door opening, will that be a problem?

14. cambyses

cambyses Member

This clip shows how it can be done, and also highlights why you should be careful to not let the door close until the window is back down, or else the edge of the window could hit and scratch the chrome trim (on the top side for the back window, and the lower front side for the front window):

• Informative x 2
  15. dougatconcours

Guess what came in today? Only took six weeks.

16. cambyses

cambyses Member

Wow. Thx a lot Doug. Will call you and will set up sometime after the new year to stop by.

Such a long delay for a simple part from Tesla is really concerning though! I am glad it was not an essential/critical part but I am scared what would happen if I ever need a critical part from Tesla in future!

17. Zoglog

Zoglog Member

Almost done! Doug's guys fixed the mirror issues with my clear bra and the car is looking good.

18. Wizard2416

Wizard2416 Member

Hello @dougatconcours ,

What is included into the chrome delete package? Just wondering if the tesla front/back badges are included as well. What would be the turn around time for that job?

Thank you for your reply.

19. dougatconcours

Yes the badges are included. It takes one solid day, drop off 8am, pick up at 5pm.

• Informative x 1
  20. Wizard2416

Wizard2416 Member

Got it. I'll call to schedule an appointment within the next few days.

Thank you for the quick reply.