Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Group Buy: So.Cal/West Side: Tint/PPF/Ceramic via Concours Auto Spa (Group 4)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dougatconcours what are your thoughts on films to protect the windshield from debris?
Hi @dougatconcours

FYI, dropped off my M3 with Brett at your MDR location. First off, thanks a lot to Brett for accommodating my schedule and for taking my car so early in the morning. As discussed, will do the full front+rocker panels+luggage strip PPF as well as Crystal Serum Ultra coating on the whole car. As for the tint, to stay technically legal in CA, decided to go with no windshield tint and with CIR 80 on the front windows, and CIR 30 on the back windows. Cannot wait to pick it up...

Cheers...

Not a problem, our pleasure. Yes Sir confirmed on all. Thanks again for the business.

Hi Cambyses!!

Looking forward to meeting you at your check up.

Hi @dougatconcours ,

Meeting you would be great indeed... But does this mean that you will be at the MDR location, or should I instead bring the car to your Torrance location for my follow-up appointment next Monday morning? Torrance location would certainly be more convenient for me given my drive from OC. Please let me know. Thx!

What's the current lead time for an appointment in Torrance? Likely picking up my 3 end of this week or early next week and would love to just drop off directly for work.

Torrance is booked out until January. However, Marina del Rey has an opening that would fit your schedule and it's less than a mile from the Tesla delivery center in Marina del Rey.

Reactions: Lifeinabox
Hey @dougatconcours
Picked up my Model 3 on Thursday from MDR. Got the group buy package... Car looks amazing!! Brett took good care of me. I was surprised to see five other Model 3's in the shop. For a minute I thought it was another Tesla delivery center :) Thanks so much to you and your team at Marina del Rey.

Troy

Hey @dougatconcours
Picked up my Model 3 on Thursday from MDR. Got the group buy package... Car looks amazing!! Brett took good care of me. I was surprised to see five other Model 3's in the shop. For a minute I thought it was another Tesla delivery center :) Thanks so much to you and your team at Marina del Rey.

Troy

Hi Troy,

Yes, sometimes we think we work directly for Tesla. We are glad you are happy, don't forget you have a check up next week. We want to make sure everything looks good and everything tucked and stuck.

Best,

Doug

I see tons of people getting their windows tinted so I'm sure there's a way and no problem, but how do they do it with the windows auto rolling down with the door open. I should try, but with door open, you can press the up button?

Also last and first time I got a tint job, I was told to wait a day or two to not roll down the windows. Again with the auto roll down with a door opening, will that be a problem?

I see tons of people getting their windows tinted so I'm sure there's a way and no problem, but how do they do it with the windows auto rolling down with the door open. I should try, but with door open, you can press the up button?

This clip shows how it can be done, and also highlights why you should be careful to not let the door close until the window is back down, or else the edge of the window could hit and scratch the chrome trim (on the top side for the back window, and the lower front side for the front window):