Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guidance needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

This is my first time posting and honestly I hope no one else has had the issue I’m about to relate.
My wife and I first bought our model S tesla back in September 2015 and it has been nothing but amazing. It has performed flawlessly.
That’s when we decided to go ahead and purchase a CPO Model S. Our sale assistant was amazing and handled everything perfectly. However, once we took it home we started to notice issues. Admittedly Tesla sent a technician out to repair the minor problems but after a little while we started noticing a noise that has progressively been getting louder. Also many of the voice commands have stopped working and even after numerous resets, restarts and phone calls it continues to work sporadically at best. Considering we have another Model S we know how well it should work.
We have called technical support, gone to the service center and the problem has been ongoing since February. No solution has been found and now I’ve reached out to customer support and been told to rely the information back to the service center.
I am getting increasingly frustrated and have even CCed [email protected] just to get this resolved. At this they should either fix it or swap it out for another car.
I tried uploading the videos for you all to see but they’re too large.......
TIA

I tried uploading the videos for you all to see but they’re too large.......
TIA

Please place it on Youtube then share the link here.

...noise that has progressively been getting louder...

Too vague. More details please. Is it the HVAC when charging?

...phone calls it continues to work sporadically at best...

Is the Bluetooth connection reliable? You can play music via Bluetooth reliably?

What's the phone problems? You can answer fine 100%, you can dial out 100% fine? Other side can hear you 100%? You can here from this side 100%?...

If the problems are reproducible, you should go ahead and schedule an appointment.

If the techs can't reproduce the problem they might charge you a diagnosis fee without fixing the problem that they couldn't replicate.

Please place it on Youtube then share the link here.

Too vague. More details please. Is it the HVAC when charging?

Is the Bluetooth connection reliable? You can play music via Bluetooth reliably?

What's the phone problems? You can answer fine 100%, you can dial out 100% fine? Other side can hear you 100%? You can here from this side 100%?...

If the problems are reproducible, you should go ahead and schedule an appointment.

If the techs can't reproduce the problem they might charge you a diagnosis fee without fixing the problem that they couldn't replicate.

Wow thanks so much for replying!! I will definitely upload to YouTube, didn’t think of it at all.
The biggest issue is the voice commands not working. I’ve taken videos for this reason because I took it in for servicing and it’s not consistent.
We can play music via Bluetooth without an issue but it’s the calls. Others can’t hear us and it’s with either phone connected to the car.
Oddly we have noticed the hvac making noise too. But wasn’t sure if normal

Hmmm....

1) "after a little while started noticing a noise that has progressively been getting louder" - The annoying noise is not your car, you will need to upgrade to Wife V2.0
2) "also many of the voice commands have stopped working and even after numerous resets" - This is a common fault on Wife version 1.0 especially around the 3-4 year mark. Again recommend to upgrade. Note: DO NOT attempt too many resets on Wife 1.0 or the unit can fail completely without warning leaving you stranded!

[Sorry could not help myself, I am sure your wife is wonderful]

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
...Oddly we have noticed the hvac making noise too. But wasn’t sure if normal

HVAC screaming is normal especially during charging. It freaks new owners out as they could hear it ramps up as if it's gonna explode soon.

...The biggest issue is the voice commands not working...

I don't use it that often because I don't think it is good enough.

It could be a software update problem which requires another update.

If it's a microphone/hardware problem then Service Center can take care of that.

...Others can’t hear us and it’s with either phone connected to the car...

Your wife and you can each sit in a Tesla and can call each other and see what's the problem.

If she cannot hear you, it could be a microphone problem that Service Center can swap it out.

Hmmm....

1) "after a little while started noticing a noise that has progressively been getting louder" - The annoying noise is not your car, you will need to upgrade to Wife V2.0
2) "also many of the voice commands have stopped working and even after numerous resets" - This is a common fault on Wife version 1.0 especially around the 3-4 year mark. Again recommend to upgrade. Note: DO NOT attempt too many resets on Wife 1.0 or the unit can fail completely without warning leaving you stranded!

[Sorry could not help myself, I am sure your wife is wonderful]
Funny!! Definitely made Me chuckle......wife not so much jk