Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had a break in - need help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, need some help.

I just moved into an apartment downtown Atlanta less than two weeks ago. I only have liability insurance coverage.

This week I walked into the parking garage and discovered I had a break in this week inside the gated parking garage where I parked the night before. I didnt leave sentry mode on since I had my setting for favorite locations turned off for sentry mode but the garage has cameras and supposedly security that walks around.

The damage:
He broke the glass and tried to pry the door open after he broke it on the upper left corner.

I brought it to two shops and was told the door would need to be replaced just due to the damage on the door which is unfortunate because I got quoted $6k to replace the door + paint.

Been thinking about a few options like
1. finding an aluminum repair shop that would work on a Tesla
2. Buying a used door
3. Talking to the apartment management if they would help cover the repair costs.

Any other ideas I can consider?

IMG_5831.jpeg

It's too bad you're not up here, my local Autobahn Body Werks would have no problem fixing that. Last time I used them a few years ago their labor was a very low $55 an hour. I received a giant watermelon sized impact to my hood and they fixed it perfect and flawless, didn't need a replacement hood. There's also a local salvage dismantler for Model S, sells on eBay as EVPartsGuy. Looks like eBay has your door shell for around $400.

Upvote 0