Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had a VIN now no VIN and delivery date pushed back 10 days ???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had similar experiences recently ??

My delivery advisor tells me her system still show s VIN but no delivery date ????

This is almost funny ;)
I ordered mine this past tuesday and got my VIN the next day (yest) and while I show a delivery date of 4/27 already, it also shows as being delivered at a dealership when I requested a home delivery. Clearly something is off and I believe the delivery date to be fictitious. An email to my advisor yesterday has gone without a response as of yet.

Anyone had similar experiences recently ??

My delivery advisor tells me her system still show s VIN but no delivery date ????

This did not happen to me personally, but I've seen similar stories. There are a bazillion possible reasons.

I ordered mine this past tuesday and got my VIN the next day (yest) and while I show a delivery date of 4/27 already, it also shows as being delivered at a dealership when I requested a home delivery. Clearly something is off and I believe the delivery date to be fictitious. An email to my advisor yesterday has gone without a response as of yet.

Ignore the "delivery at Anytown Tesla" message. Mine was a home delivery, too, and it either showed as a delivery in Dedham, MA or delivery "in less than 2 weeks" with no specific location. Even for a day or two after the car was in my driveway, it showed up as being a delivery in Dedham in the future. I think that Tesla's Web UI simply is not set up to handle home deliveries. Just be sure that the delivery team at the store through which the car is transiting knows you want a home delivery and it should be fine. If necessary, keep calling on the phone until you talk to a human being, just to be sure there's no screw-up.

I ordered my performance model on 3/26, within 2 days had a VIN and a delivery date for 3/30. Called to see if it was accurate and they said Yes. Got Insurance together and Loan. Called 3/30 and they said it wasn't there yet. It was apparently coming from Boston to Pennsylvania. Rescheduled for 4/1. Called the morning of 4/1 because no one contacted me and it still wasn't there yet. Rescheduled for 4/9 because I was going on vacation. Got back on 4/8 and called in the afternoon. No car, their response was "The car doesn't exist, we can't sell it to you because it was a returned vehicle and no one changed the status in our system." 28 days later, still waiting for a VIN. Original Delivery Advisor has ghosted me. First loan payment would have been 4/17 so I closed the loan and now will have to re-apply when I eventually get a VIN. I think the Performance models are unicorns right now though so I wouldn't expect others to have such a rough ride.

Well latest news was that the car got to Montreal but since i’m out of the country and could not pick the car within the allotted 7 days. I’m stuck on them reordering the car ☹️ All this for a couple of days. Only positive is that I’m now sure to get the HW3