Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had flat tire repair with Tesla Mobile service. Very quick and smooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:). Right rear tire totally flat. Use the Tesla app to arrange for service. They had it all arranged in about 20 minutes for service via Tesla Mobile the following day.
The service van arrived on time. He pulled tire to see what was causing the flat. Found nail. So he took the wheel into the van to fix. This van is a Mercedes Sprinter van fully equipped with tire mounting machine, balancing machine, compressor and tires, sort of a tire shop on wheels. He took tire off of wheel, patched it just like I have seen other shops do it. There was no issue with the foam inside of tire. Took about 20 minutes to do. If the tire wasn't patchable, he already had another wheel with the tire I needed already mounted. Total cost $80. Saved my calling AAA, get car towed to a regular tires shop and then waiting around for a couple of hours to get tire fixed for probably $30. Seemed like a fair price for the convenience.

i had this issue last august on my 2020 m3p (sold it last week and now have a 2022). setup the appt in the app and homeboy came with his van ahead of schedule. i was at the office. his van was too high to get into the garage so we parked next to netflix and he hooked me up. had to get a new tire so it was a bit more than 80 bucks :D but the convenience more than made up for the cost of the tire.

20210809_151627.jpg

I live in San Diego, was up in Los Angeles and had a tire rupture due to a hazard. Tesla sent out a service crew with a spare tire at 7p on a Sunday, the next morning back in San Diego a mobile service came over to my house and installed a new tire and took the spare away. All said and done, it cost me about $80 more than going to Discount tires. What amazing service

That foam is supposed to help lessen road noise. Since e-cars run so quiet, they want their tires to be quiet, too. Does it really make a difference, though? I dunno! I know they cost more when I had all four of mine replaced. And back when I had a patch done, I remember the America's Tires guy basically scraping off the patch of foam where the puncture was. He didn't glue it back on. I asked if that will mess up the balance and he said no. That foam looked pretty light and airy, too. He said the foam makes it hard for them to work on punctures. Next time I have to replace the tires, I'll opt for the non-foam. So like in 4 years. 🤑