Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Trunk Kick Sensor Crisis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm installing the Hansshow Trunk Kick Sensor. I get to the part where I have to fish the cable through the accordion tube and then through the side of the trunk to come out near the subwoofer.

The plug from the wiring harness came off somewhere between the end of the accordion tube and the opening above the subwoofer. I cut the plug off of the kick sensor thinking I could just splice them together, but there are different numbers of wires. I don't suppose anyone knows what to connect to what, by chance? I've got a message in to Hansshow but no response as yet.
20220427_094045.jpg

For posterity, in case anyone runs into this in the future.

Communication was slow due to the time difference, and there was a Chinese holiday in the mix. The answer is white to white, black to black, and yellow on the kick sensor side to the red on the side of the control box.

It works great, but it's unfortunate that the car must be awake to open the trunk with the kick sensor or the trunk release button. I keep sentry mode on except at home so maybe won't be an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
Thanks for confirming what I thought. On the EVOffer trunk kit, it reads the canbus signal and completely deactivates the foot sensor in carwash mode so that it can't be inadvertently opened at all.
The Hanshow version isn't nearly as smart. It doesn't connect to the CANBUS at all. It basically looks for the sensor signal and simulates the trunk button being pushed.