Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hanshow kick sensor problem/question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have installed the Hansshow Kick sensor on a 23 model Y. Different to some of the videos this one pulls power right from the Main battery. It goes from there to a relay (behind passenger kick panel)that also appears to have a coiled wire antenna, probably for the remote control they supply.

I didn't work. First thing I did was check power @ the relay, I have power in but not out. My only concern with bypassing the relay is I am wondering if it is also reducing the voltage from the 16v lithium battery to 12v. The older kits and other brands don't seem to have this relay. If anyone has any experience or advice I would appreciate it. I have messaged Hansshow but don't expect a reply for a couple days.

Craig

I have installed the Hansshow Kick sensor on a 23 model Y. Different to some of the videos this one pulls power right from the Main battery. It goes from there to a relay (behind passenger kick panel)that also appears to have a coiled wire antenna, probably for the remote control they supply.

I didn't work. First thing I did was check power @ the relay, I have power in but not out. My only concern with bypassing the relay is I am wondering if it is also reducing the voltage from the 16v lithium battery to 12v. The older kits and other brands don't seem to have this relay. If anyone has any experience or advice I would appreciate it. I have messaged Hansshow but don't expect a reply for a couple days.

Craig
Did they get back to you about this? Also, did you have to run wire from the rear kick sensor through the car, and through the firewall to the 16V battery in the frunk?