Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Happen to U?: Front doors not opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

I love my 2016 Model S and haven’t had too many issues. Mostly little/fixable things like:
-yellow screen replacement
-bad USB port wiring
-not downloading new maps, so no Navigate on Autopilot for a while
-Autopilot quitting (problem after new screen replacement)

But my wife’s X has had a bunch of issues and b/c she’s not the fan boy like I am, she’s saying horrible :)( ) things like “I’m sick of my car.” Ouch....

So.... I thought I’d ask, have any of you had front doors that won’t open?

Notes:
-it’s summer here, so not a “cold weather” thing
-they won’t open with pressing physical door, using screen, or just pulling on inside physical handle.
-they *will* open by pulling on inside handle and pushing
-for now, she climbs from back seat (I can sit in back seat and reach the lever, but I’ve got long arms

Thanks in advance for any help,
Rob

In case anyone is curious, these are most of the past issues she’s had with her X:
-Vibration/shaking when hits 35mph (fixed)
-Noise when acceleration (not fixed)
-Rear hatch beeps/quits at random times
-Water is rear light
-Broken hatch spring piece inside rear
-Replaced yellow screen
-Passenger door not shutting all the way
-Left ceiling light cover fell off

Just had this fixed at SC (Devon, PA) for my driver side door. The problem was the actuator and it took less than 2 hrs to repair under warranty. Before I could get to the SC I would leave the window open in the garage or a safe area. My passenger door worked fine during this time and since. Good luck

Yes, my doors stopped auto opening, but I could access manually with no problem which seems not to be the case for your wife. Wasn’t a big deal for me, and it was fixed next time I was at the SvC. I’ve since turned them off......too much trouble when parallel parked on busy streets.