Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hardwire radar detector - Miami

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On some model s cars, the only place on the windshield that doesn't have a metallic film that will block the radar signal is an approximate 6 by 6 inch square just to the right of the rear view mirror. The Blendmount will put the V1 under the mirror which will block the signal. In some light you can see the clear area. I hard wired my V1 using the suction cups so I could put it to the right of the mirror. In spite of that, I don't think my 2020 had a metallic film on the window as I can't see it in any light. I used a copy of the Blendmount mirror tap wires that I found on Amazon for $15. I fed the wires under the plastic camera cover so they come out on the right side of the mirror. It is very neat and works well. The power goes out when the car shuts off and cones back on when you open the door. If you search this site you can find directions for which wires to use for switched power and ground at the back of the mirror. It took me about 30 minutes as I was being very careful testing things as I went.

Attachments

• 20201125_010008.jpg
    20201125_010008.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 89