Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hardwire radar on refresh model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone has a step by step for hardwiring a radar on the refresh model S? I've read in the past OBD port was an option, but sounds like Tesla changed that eventually as well. Would love to make sure I use a correct wire to tap into if it's in the overhead center console.

Thanks!

Saw this video on YouTube regarding a refresh model x. Not sure if it would also apply to model s (video seems to claim it would)

I plan to follow this video to hook up my V1G2 in my Model S Plaid if I can figure out which BlendMount to go with.

Back in June I reached out to BlendMount to inquire about options for the Model S Plaid and here is what they said:

"Unfortunately we do not have a mount for the Tesla Model S Plaid (or S). We have tried to create one without success. Sorry about that.

I know there are some people on the Tesla forums who are trying our mounts to make it work, but they have to make modifications.

We are not satisfied with the fitment, so that's why it's not in our Vehicle Fit Guide.

We don't want you to damage your car, device, and or mirror, and want you to be able to adjust your mirror fully.

We are not responsible for any of the above mentioned problems that could occur should anyone use one of our mounts on a Model S or S Plaid."

I can't believe at this point in time they have not figured out a suitable solution for the Model S LR/Plaid 2021+.

I’ve been using this approach on a model Y performance for three years. Happier than the blend Mount approach because the V1G2 is blocking fewer lines

IMG_0031.jpeg

Saw this video on YouTube regarding a refresh model x. Not sure if it would also apply to model s (video seems to claim it would)

It applies, this is exactly what I did except....

You do not need to remove the mirror. Just remove the cover then you can access the power wires on the driver's side. Removing the mirror is a waste of time.

Reactions: dn325ci
Sounds like money well spent.

I had a couple of blend mounts for my model 3's and model y, but the model s mirror arm is different and they don't work well (even after I modified one of the mounts). The sticker one mounts up high out of the field of view and it's been in the Vegas heat in the summer twice now and is still stuck on.

Have to say I'm more a fan of these things than the blendmounts now.

I had a couple of blend mounts for my model 3's and model y, but the model s mirror arm is different and they don't work well (even after I modified one of the mounts). The sticker one mounts up high out of the field of view and it's been in the Vegas heat in the summer twice now and is still stuck on.

Have to say I'm more a fan of these things than the blendmounts now.
Agreed. The blend mounts are a slick solution, but positioning the RD below the mirror just puts it too far into my field of view. I hate trying to look around it when I'm not on the highway. I want it more up and out of the way.

Reactions: Sam1