TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has anyone FSD owner been upgraded to HW 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ybbor, Nov 7, 2019.

1. ybbor

ybbor Member

Has any model 3 owner who purchased FSD and their car currently has Hardware 2.5 been contacted by Tesla to upgrade their car's computer to Hardware Version 3?

Since we've started hearing that the car visualization of construction cones might only be rendered on HW 3 cars, we could be starting to see the limitation of HW 2.5 and a divergent visualization/neural network.

2. ilyak

ilyak Member

Not that I know of. I had mobile service over today and I asked if they've been trained on the procedure yet, they said that nothing has come through to date for Model 3.

• Like x 1
  3. DirtyT3sla

DirtyT3sla Member

Don't be too sure cones are HW3 specific. We won't know that until the full roll out of the feature.

• Like x 1
  4. CharleyBC

CharleyBC Active Member

If any have been upgraded, they must be sworn to secrecy. I haven't heard of any yet. I'm in no rush for mine.

5. Perscitus

Perscitus Member

• Helpful x 1