Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone that got a Q3 '16 2 year lease deal started negotiating the turn in?

goofygrin

Dec 21, 2012
United States
I'm about 5 months out. I'm a ton of miles over (~10k so far over) and really like my car... but I'm not paying anywhere near the residual value.

Has anyone reached out to US Bank to see what they'll offer to not turn in the car?

alloverx

Mar 20, 2016
Seattle
I recall from other threads that some lenders did not budge on buy out price at end of-lease.
I do recall that you can buyout a lease early as my neighbor was going down that route (was not a Tesla though).
Can you lease another Tesla early, like other car makers will do sometimes.
Presumably you can run some numbers to get a feel for the extra charge and then see what options that gives you.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC