Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Tesla Reset/Cleared Codes Remotely For Anyone Before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a code on my dash that wont go away. I am sure it will with a reset because nothing is wrong with the car. I have tried every possible reset procedure and I cannot get it to go away. I am really hoping I can convince Tesla to reset my car remotely so I dont have to deal with service. I have had a really poor experience with service so far and I would just rather not go to them. I also just read a thread that said Tesla scratched a person's paint and steering wheel while in for a repair.

So, have you had Tesla remotely repair your car before? Heard of anyone who has? Anything I can say to Tesla to convince them to do this for me?

Thanks!

Not sure if they can reset codes the way they do it on ICE cars. I'm not even sure if that process exists. I'd give them a call and see (choose roadside from the app).
Still want to help though. It might help if you post the code you are seeing.

Not sure if they can reset codes the way they do it on ICE cars. I'm not even sure if that process exists. I'd give them a call and see (choose roadside from the app).
Still want to help though. It might help if you post the code you are seeing.
Thank you for your post. I dont want to get into the codes that are reported. Nothing is wrong with the car. They were just a glitch. My only question is about remote resetting. Does Tesla do it and has anyone had it done before.

Thank you for your post. I dont want to get into the codes that are reported. Nothing is wrong with the car. They were just a glitch. My only question is about remote resetting. Does Tesla do it and has anyone had it done before.
I have my Tesla Mobile ranger that I text and he logs into my car and takes care of things for me. Also if I need to go to a service centre, here in Ontario we get same week bookings for service. I’ve been reading how it’s a mess in the US with bookings a month away.

I just called the Tesla location in Toronto because thats the next closest one to me that is outside of the Central NY region. I hope they dont call the CNY guys. They are all nice when I do finally get a hold of someone but I have had a lot of bad experience with Tesla service here.

I am hoping the Toronto guys can send a reset code to clear the errors I have. The mobile tech is super nice. I really like him but he says its not something he can do with a mobile visit.

It seems so simple. I bet they can do a remote reset but they just dont want to.

I have my Tesla Mobile ranger that I text and he logs into my car and takes care of things for me. Also if I need to go to a service centre, here in Ontario we get same week bookings for service. I’ve been reading how it’s a mess in the US with bookings a month away.
Hello Sir. Would you happen to know the best way to go about getting Hooked up with a Mobile ranger to be able to text them just as you do? Thank you