Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have Electric Cars Already Reached The Tipping Point? ABB Says Yes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is not about victory, it is about diversification of transportation options and energy sources. I want oil, electric, etc. so that we have choices. If we went all electric (not going to happen) then we would be held hostage ($$$) to the suppliers of electricity.

Fuel cell = Gas Station Model. Exxon2 here we come… No thanks. I'd rather get my "fuel" from an outlet in my garage and use the same grid as everyone uses to power their homes. Far less likely greedy special interests will be able to come in and screw Drivers again without screwing everyone else at the same time.

Solar Power would be the ideal solution. We could all get our fuel for free from the Sun. No need for anyone to manufacture anything and thus nobody holding our fuel hostage and gouging us with artificially high prices. The last thing we need is to allow anyone to have full control over our fuel again. I would have hoped we had learned our lesson by now.

Last edited:
If we went all electric (not going to happen) then we would be held hostage ($$$) to the suppliers of electricity.
Not really. We can make our own electricity and the electricity market is so heavily regulated that we are holding the power companies hostage rather than them holding us hostage. Plus it's a domestic and diversely sourced form of energy with a highly stable price (adjusted for inflation, electricity cost has stayed flat for decades).