Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have not received an update in a long time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re not missing anything. I’m still on 2018.34 but that’s because I keep rejected the update installation requests. Drove a loaner with V.9 fir several days. In my opinion it’s a big step backwards on s model S. Very awkward and confusing to use compared to V.8.1.

Copy and paste from a post I made to the Utah Tesla Owners Facebook page earlier today.

(Update: I heard back from the local service center. They advised they'd checked my car and there's nothing wrong with it, adding that I have the most recent update for my particular car.)

Update intervals

I thought I'd share this in case anyone else has ever wondered the same thing.

It's now been 49 days since my S received it's last firmware update (2018.48.12.1). I wondered if that was any sort of "record" for the car so did a bit of research and put together a spreadsheet to see.

I found that in the just over three years I've been driving Ss I've had 59 updates.

Days between updates:

01-10 days: 14
11-20 days: 19
21-30 days: 17
31-40 days: 6
41+ 3

Longest period between previous updates: 48 days.

So, yep, looks like the car has set a "record".

Hmmm, actually the car has received more updates on Wednesdays than any other day. So maybe today's the day?
1f642.png
:)

Copy and paste from a post I made to the Utah Tesla Owners Facebook page earlier today.

(Update: I heard back from the local service center. They advised they'd checked my car and there's nothing wrong with it, adding that I have the most recent update for my particular car.)

Update intervals

I thought I'd share this in case anyone else has ever wondered the same thing.

It's now been 49 days since my S received it's last firmware update (2018.48.12.1). I wondered if that was any sort of "record" for the car so did a bit of research and put together a spreadsheet to see.

I found that in the just over three years I've been driving Ss I've had 59 updates.

Days between updates:

01-10 days: 14
11-20 days: 19
21-30 days: 17
31-40 days: 6
41+ 3

Longest period between previous updates: 48 days.

So, yep, looks like the car has set a "record".

Hmmm, actually the car has received more updates on Wednesdays than any other day. So maybe today's the day?
1f642.png
:)

I got a kick out of a reply I received to my post on the Utah Tesla Owners Facebook page: "But your update intervals are a lot better than my truck, which has received 0 updates since purchase and only continues to become more boring."