Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software update 2024.2.7 error after successful install (2018 MS)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday 3/7/2024, I came back from work and received a alert around 6p that a new update was available (2024.2.7). Didn't think much of it and started the update from my phone. After some time, I received a successful message. Car was plugged in already so didn't think to check since the notes was (minor bug fixes). Went to bed. Woke up on 3/8/2024, got in the car and see a message "Software update required - Schedule Service" (APS_w160). That this was odd, so I went ahead and did a steering wheel button reset. After that reset, the error persist.

I opened a service request through the app and it suggested the reset I already did. So I pressed contact us. The app screen went away and did not receive any update since 8a PST. So I decided to drive to the local SC. Go there and the rep asked if I have a ticket number because they didn't see one. I open the app and did the same thing, and got a message that a similar ticket was already open. She proceeded to say that the software updates goes to a different team and the SC couldn't do anything.

Current issue:

1. Headlights are on all day
2. Screen brightness does not work. It stays at the night brightness during the day.
3. FSD have been disabled

Everything else appears to be working but I was hoping to use FSD on my long drive this weekend. So this blows. Anyone had this issue before? Am I just stuck until Tesla gets back to me with an update?

Attachments

• image3[1].jpeg
    image3[1].jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 33
  • image2[1].jpeg
    image2[1].jpeg
    539.9 KB · Views: 20
  • image1[1].jpeg
    image1[1].jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 20
Ugh. Well, here are some ideas:
" Log in to the Tesla.com and use the chat support.
* Try a power off reset. Search for it in the control panel. You power off, wait a few minutes without opening a door or touching controls, then tap the brake pedal to wake the car. No risk.
* There's another type of reset that happens if you change the wheel size setting. Then of course change it back. Also no risk but it might lose some info like tire calibration.
* If you go into the Service Mode screen, there's a way to get it to reinstall the current software version. Search for how to do this. I've never tried Service Mode.

• Helpful
Reactions: zoomer0056
Ugh. Well, here are some ideas:
" Log in to the Tesla.com and use the chat support.
* Try a power off reset. Search for it in the control panel. You power off, wait a few minutes without opening a door or touching controls, then tap the brake pedal to wake the car. No risk.
* There's another type of reset that happens if you change the wheel size setting. Then of course change it back. Also no risk but it might lose some info like tire calibration.
* If you go into the Service Mode screen, there's a way to get it to reinstall the current software version. Search for how to do this. I've never tried Service Mode.
So I just went down to to try your suggestion, because Tesla Chat is not online or I'm doing something wrong. Either case, I got my keys, got in the car and it says you can't drive while charger is plugged in. So I go to unplug it and got back in the car. All of the errors are gone.

No idea what caused it. Software version is the same. I hope it stays this way tomorrow for my drive, because I missed my FSD today.

Thank you again for the tip. I will update tomorrow if this changes.

Reactions: Transformer
Glad your errors cleared. On another note, I see you have Advanced selected for software update preference. If it's set to standard, the software that's downloaded will be more mature. In that it will have been run on more cars before it gets to your car. For the Advanced setting you'll get software sooner. But chances are that it'll contain bugs. This is stated in the manual.

Reactions: EatIce
Glad your errors cleared. On another note, I see you have Advanced selected for software update preference. If it's set to standard, the software that's downloaded will be more mature. In that it will have been run on more cars before it gets to your car. For the Advanced setting you'll get software sooner. But chances are that it'll contain bugs. This is stated in the manual.
Thank you for the info and I like to be part of the sooner batch. Haven't had any issue until this round. Hope it was just a fluke as I'm patiently waiting for v12. 😁.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Sorry for the delay, been tied up with work and todo list at home.

3/13/2024 Update: After searching the errors. As others said it’s simply a software update error. Finally found some time today to call Customer Support which can be found on the website. Got a hold of a rep that was very knowledgeable and found that my install (although looked successful) did not complete and/or failed last minute causing the errors. He pushed the update again, and I received it within 30mins or so. Got home and installed the new update successfully. Once completed, took it on a drive and all is back to normal.

TLDR: Support rep was able to push the new update. Installed successfully and took car for a drive to confirm.

Thank you all here for the suggestion and help.

Sorry for the delay, been tied up with work and todo list at home.

3/13/2024 Update: After searching the errors. As others said it’s simply a software update error. Finally found some time today to call Customer Support which can be found on the website. Got a hold of a rep that was very knowledgeable and found that my install (although looked successful) did not complete and/or failed last minute causing the errors. He pushed the update again, and I received it within 30mins or so. Got home and installed the new update successfully. Once completed, took it on a drive and all is back to normal.

TLDR: Support rep was able to push the new update. Installed successfully and took car for a drive to confirm.

Thank you all here for the suggestion and help.
Did service support resolve this from the # on the website or did you have to get a call back from a different “service member” i keep getting sent to different departments & they keep saying oh roadside can fix it they sent me back to service support who told me i’ll get a call back in the next 2 days. i’d appreciate if you could let me know what type of “service member” resolved this for you & if there’s a different number & did you go through the service on the app?

Did service support resolve this from the # on the website or did you have to get a call back from a different “service member” i keep getting sent to different departments & they keep saying oh roadside can fix it they sent me back to service support who told me i’ll get a call back in the next 2 days. i’d appreciate if you could let me know what type of “service member” resolved this for you & if there’s a different number & did you go through the service on the app?
I called this number (877) 798-3752 after opening a case through the app. Hope this helps.