Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have your service center check large rear drive unit for coolant leakage before warranty expires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased 2020 performance model with about 45k miles now about 2 months ago from a non Tesla dealer. Took it to Tesla for an inspection. All was fine but I recall tech saying the coolant was a little low so they topped it off. Could this indicate an issue related to LDU? Thinking of going back and specifically ask them to pull my speed sensor. Thoughts?

Purchased 2020 performance model with about 45k miles now about 2 months ago from a non Tesla dealer. Took it to Tesla for an inspection. All was fine but I recall tech saying the coolant was a little low so they topped it off. Could this indicate an issue related to LDU? Thinking of going back and specifically ask them to pull my speed sensor. Thoughts?
Since you're still under warranty for some time, I would say not to worry too much about checking it, but if the coolant was low, and it didn't leak on the ground, then it had to have gone somewhere....