Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Havent Received New update yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t, he was joking...
I was hoping the "420" would give it away, LOL.

There is really nothing you can do to make the update happen faster other than maybe connecting to WiFi. Elon has said on Twitter that being able to manually "pull" an update by pressing a button was being thought about, but nothing about when or if that will happen has been posted anywhere that I can see. You could be a part of the EAP (Early Access Program) to get access to beta releases, but there is no real way to ask for that that I know of; I'd be in it if I could.

Supposedly those of us who paid for FSD (Full Self Driving) will be getting access to EAP but I haven't heard anything. We just have to wait for Tesla to push out the update when they decide to.

Reactions: Abdullahf123
Weird thing for me is that I got the software update is ready to install notification last week while I was out of town. Now that I’ve been back home two days, neither the car nor the app shows anything about a software update even though I got the notification last week and it downloaded about 6 GB of data over the WiFi last week as well. Did Tesla pull it? I’m still on 2018.50.6

I finally got the update notice. Longest wait since I got the car about a year ago. And after waiting a month and a half, it just reinstalled the same 50.6 OS that I have been running this whole time, the same OS that the Service Center also put on when it was in for a seat issue.

Wonder if these 3 versions have been different builds. Why would I get the update message twice and still be running the same OS after the updates complete?

Really looking forward to Sentry Mode living in the middle of the Bay Area with an epidemic of smashy smashy.

-Randy

I was at 2018.44.2 in February. On the 20th I got an update that was 2018.42.2.1
OK, you win. To actually receive an update that is a downgrade, amazing. You sure it wasn't 48.12.1? Lots more people got that one.

Have you gotten an update since? Looks like my 50.6 I was complaining about is still the latest mass update. I think I figured out why I got it again-again, I asked for a service appointment and they must have forced the update before the appt. to see if it solved the issue.

-Randy

OK, you win. To actually receive an update that is a downgrade, amazing. You sure it wasn't 48.12.1? Lots more people got that one.

Have you gotten an update since? Looks like my 50.6 I was complaining about is still the latest mass update. I think I figured out why I got it again-again, I asked for a service appointment and they must have forced the update before the appt. to see if it solved the issue.

-Randy
on page one of the is thread, you will see a post from Feb 26th where I wrote my, at the time, current version 2018.44.2. On Feb 28th as I was getting on a plane, I got a notification that I had an update. One March 3 I got home and updated my car to 2018.42.2.1

Wow, all this talk and suddenly I got the 5:15 update (who reference). Within seconds of a friend of mine getting the update too. Hopefully, that means everyone else is getting their first 2019 update as well.

I gotta run, gonna park my car outside my ex's house, turn Sentry Mode on and see who comes and goes.

-Randy