Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Model Y Brake Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live on Oahu. I would like to paint or powder coat my calipers, however it is not a project I would like to DYI. Does anyone know someone who has either done it already and I could hire to do it. or is there a shop that would do this if I dropped off my car and pick up after?

Keep in mind "the good stuff" paint is going to need to cure before heat is applied. What that means is, the car needs to stay parked for (usually 24 to 48 hours) in most cases, unless you find some special paint. Since yours is a Y, I guess it relatively new and will not need a lot of cleaning before painting. (Good), so that part won't take as long for the guy-doing-it. But its going to tie up someone's stall or space and that's going to keep them from making money, unless they push it aside or outside. My point is, the work might be a reasonable cost but considering the entire job and tying up space, might add a lot to it. Good luck.

Reactions: mcspresso