Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hay from Iowa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello people.

Ive always wanted a Tesla.. I mean, who wouldn't?

Ive always been interested in EV's long before Tesla, but since I live on the bus route to my work, it doesn't make any sense owning one at the moment considering the bus costs $10 a month.

But why not own Tesla stock now? I could buy shares through vanguard where my taxable is as long term buy and hold investment.

Tesla might be the next apple, but will that happen after big oil and Tesla competitors are broke?

Anyway, just checking in..

...it doesn't make any sense owning one at the moment...

I guess you don't visit National Parks or another state that often :)

...will that happen...

To me, investing is pretty much like a lottery because it's hard to predict the future.

However, you can make an educated guess.

People have been predicted that Tesla has been on its death bed since 2003 or the past 16 years year after year and even today.

The rationale has always been the same: Oil and ICE companies have so much more money and they can beat Tesla any day now. It's a Tesla Killer any day now for the past 16 years!

So would you want to listen to the doom and gloom predictions for the past 16 years?

Tesla has been growing so fast and as you can see, Gigafactory in Shanghai, China is almost finished since its ground broken date 8 months ago.

Growth costs a lot of money but that's hardly death.

I guess you don't visit National Parks or another state that often :)

I'm a home body now preparing to break ground for my retirement home out in the sticks. I drive a honda fit now, but I used to travel once a year, and had to shlep my belongings in a toyhauler with me because I don't like hotels or crowed camp grounds. I'm reluctant to admit, I own a 97 dodge cummins diesel which is pre epa regulations. In its defense, it runs efficiently (more so than the newer diesel trucks) considering it gets 15 mpg towing 17000 lbs combined at 70 mph.

If the oil and ICE companies could have killed Tesla like the others, they would have by now.