Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heads up for Houston owners getting a wrap or detail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys - sorry this is a first post from a non-owner...but a Tesla is our next car and after seeing a lot of Teslas at a local detail shop that did a terrible job on my car, I felt a heads-up was in order.

The shop is Dynamic Autoworks off Stuebner-Airline road in the north Houston area. They do a lot of detailing with a focus on Xpel paint protection film. I'll leave you to read my review on Yelp if you want the FULL story - but the short scoop is I left two of our cars with them for a week while we were out of town for some paint work (which they say they do great at) plus polishing and Xpel on both cars. Needless to say not only will I never go back, but it was bad enough for me to warn off other customers!

Since I'm new here I'll understand if my forum cred is low, but I'm no stranger to car forums and have been an active participant on many car modding forums with tens of thousands of posts. So I think I have a VERY good perspective on what reasonable expectations are and what to look for. Sadly this shop looked great from my pre-work visits and had great reviews online...but they had multiple, MULTIPLE opportunities to make things right with me, but I couldn't even get a call back from Tim, the owner/partner.

Save your brand new Tesla and you from disappointment and avoid Dynamic Autoworks.

Please post or message me if you'd like more detail. I'd be happy to share additional detail with those local in the north Houston area.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/dynamic-autoworks-spring?hrid=k4SKGEskowi2d3SDqXg0lw

• Informative
Reactions: GWord