Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heater Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the mountains over the weekend and I couldn't get the heater to work in the morning. I tried to warm up the car before going outside, but climate control in the app failed. It was roughly 35-40 degrees. I figured the heater would kick on once the car/battery warmed up. We had a 2 hour drive, but the heater never kicked on. I rebooted the car an hour into the drive and nothing. I even tried the 'fireplace' later that night once it was in the garage, still nothing. I checked it later that night before scheduling a service and it kicked on. Any known issues with the heater when it's cold out? I have also read climate control is inconsistent and doesn't work all the time. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

We are approaching 1k miles and loving it. Just curious about the two issues above.

I was in the mountains over the weekend and I couldn't get the heater to work in the morning. I tried to warm up the car before going outside, but climate control in the app failed. It was roughly 35-40 degrees. I figured the heater would kick on once the car/battery warmed up. We had a 2 hour drive, but the heater never kicked on. I rebooted the car an hour into the drive and nothing. I even tried the 'fireplace' later that night once it was in the garage, still nothing. I checked it later that night before scheduling a service and it kicked on. Any known issues with the heater when it's cold out? I have also read climate control is inconsistent and doesn't work all the time. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

We are approaching 1k miles and loving it. Just curious about the two issues above.
Sounds like it's time for a service call.

Par for the course with Tesla. If a reboot fixes it, it was a software "bug". It may or may not be fixed in a future software update LOL. My opinion as a 5 year Tesla owner, if a reboot fixes it, don't waste your time telling Tesla. They have access to your car's logs anyway...

Reactions: Electric Steve