Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heathrow Hilton Supercharger parking fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a bit of a puzzle today regarding the parking charges at the Heathrow Hilton supercharger, which I've not used before.
Normally you go to reception with your Tesla key to get half an hou free parking, However, due to Covid-19 the whole hotel including reception is closed at the moment, but you still have to take a ticket on entry. I see that the registration number is printed on the ticket so there must be a number plate reader. If you leave in less than 15 minutes it's free anyway and the exit barrtier just opens. If longer, no need to pay at the machine in the carpark. Just approach the barrier and, if it doesn't open, press the call button. Eventually someone answers. Say you've charged your Tesla and they open the barrrier. I charged for more than 30 minutes the second time and was let out free so there appears to be no charge for longer stays.

Avoid this super charger. The fee is now £6 if you go over 15 mins. It's a pretty critical location being at the M4/M25 junction. I've just written a complaint letter to Tesla and the Hilton. If they want to make some more money then install a coffee kiosk.