Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heavy load options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David99

Supporting Member
Jan 31, 2014
Nomad (mostly US)
I have a 2023 Y P. For work I always have a lot of equipment with me. As a result, the car sits too low. The Performance is already lowered which makes it worse. The car handles fine, there is no rubbing even when I go through dips where the suspension is compressed. I don't have more weight than having 4 adults in the car with some luggage.

What are my options to get the car back to a normal ride height? I looked at 3rd party air suspension kits. But since I keep the equipment the same all the time I don't need a suspension that adjusts for different weights. It also seems like major surgery to install those. Would a simple lift kit that adds spacers help?

Coil overs could be a good idea. Adjust up when working with heavy loads. Adjust back down when and if no big loads are needed for awhile. Takes some time, expect 20 mins a corner by the time you jack, adjust, measure - then repeat for each corner (I'd mark the coil over so you know your high & low settings... Or progressive springs in the rear to help mitigate a big drop in suspension. Air ride, as you mentioned, is ideal for this. But costly and noisy with compressors etc. I'm also pretty sure you could trade your MY-P suspension for someone's MY-LR suspension. The 2021-22 model years without the new MY comfort suspension may be a bit stiffer. I don't know specs for springs.. but that's my 2 cents on it.

Reactions: David99