Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Leicestershire, UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I discovered TMC whilst obsessively researching the Model S. Great site.

I don't have a picture of my car to show, as delivery isn't until November...it's a metallic silver 100d, and I can't wait. Managed to get a referral code for free Supercharging, so we're already planning road trips!

By the way, I've been trying to understand how to upload an avatar, but can't seem to work it out...any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

Reactions: TintDepot.com
Welcome to the forum, Dan. Your will love your silver 100D. Amazing range that car has; you can go anywhere in the UK without much fuss. One tip for the Model S - it is a very wide car, and I'm guessing a few inches wider than whatever you are coming from.

Just click on your blank photo, and keep clicking on it on each subsequent screen until it asks you to choose a file.

Ames - thanks for the avatar tip. Tried it, but didn't work. However, after my first post, I came across some info elesewhere on TMC that suggested 6 posts were needed before being able to upload an avatar or autosignature. I shall keep posting and see what happens...

Re. width of MS. Yes, I noticed this a few months ago when I had an MS demo for a day. As I approached the car, it looked BIG. And when I first sat inside and buckled up, and then inched nervously out of the Tesla store and onto the highway, it felt REALLY BIG.

Yet within a few miles, it no longer felt big, despite the less than brilliant visibility (big front pillers and small rear screen, for example). Aside from visibility, the fundamentals were all so good - an ergonomic seating position, quick and accurate steering, compliant yet controlled suspension, and, the icing on the cake, that EV trick of instant availability of power.

After a while, I left the motorway network and hustled the MS along some good old Welsh B-roads, with their challenging apices, weird cambers and (if you were driving a "sporty" version of a big German car) spine-shattering surface quality. The MS didn't bat an eyelid at any of this this; in fact, it felt as if it could have handled a lot more and at much higher speeds. To say that this big car shrank around me on that trip would be an understatement.

Back on the motorway, all was calm, apart from some wind noise. It wasn't bad, but perhaps not in keeping with the MS's price tag...am guessing the frameless windows are the culprit?

Anyway, that experience sealed the deal for me...

Ah yes I forgot about the minimum number of posts. While the wind noise insulation could perhaps be better, I think part of the problem is that the car is already so quiet so there is nothing to hear except wind noise and tyre noise, and our natural hearing simply adjusts to the loudest source of sound. You might not get to experience this until you are out on the Autobahn, but I find the Model S over 100 mph is quieter than expected due to its slippery shape. I am comparing to a few cars I have owned in the past, in which I would have not noticed wind noise at around 70 mph.